x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Weird WiFi Problem J728

1 2
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-07-17 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

woolfman - 2013-07-16 1:44 PM

Has someone an explanation for this???

Yes I do. Routers do not have ideal firwares and can lag and bug too. I expirienced router bugs few times and they are not that rare. There was a router which hanged the wireless driver panel on all of my CE devices (and my brother's Android device too).

So advice: update the firware or try DD-WRT if possible.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-07-18 12:49 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Yeah there's a lot of compatibility issues with Wi-Fi routers and Wi-Fi cards. For example, my Sony Tablet P recognizes a router made by BUFFALO, but Nexus 7 nor my iPad mini recognizes it.

The ideal situation is same company Wi-Fi router and Wi-Fi card, but they still may cause problems... so yeah, try getting a router or Wi-Fi card that works well without compatibility issue.

Edited by stingraze 2013-07-18 12:50 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-07-18 1:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I've always said keep it simple when troubleshooting wireless problems. First step: Turn off any encryption on your router. Run an open signal and see if you can connect first.

Once you have established that the devices can talk to one another without encryption...then go on from there.

I've found some wifi cards on CE devices are actually case sensitive when you input the key. I prefer to enter a 10 digit hex key when using WEP 64 rather than a passkey.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-07-19 12:43 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-07-25 6:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I finally found the problem. It was the registry entries in TCPIP\PARMS "ARPUseEtherSnap=1" and/or "SackOPTS=0" that caused the problem. I deleted "ARP" and put Sackopts to 1, now the card registers properly every time.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-07-26 12:04 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Nice! Good to hear it works now!
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28