x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J728 and 3Com Wifi Card Problem

Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-08-17 5:36 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I just got my first J728 and all is well except my 3Com wifi card (3CRSHPW_96) crashes the machine when the 728 is turned on again (after suspend or power off button).

Resume works fine when card is removed before shut down, or, before powering down, if I use the great DevPSwitch program with this command:

"DevPSwitch.exe" 3Com-3CRSHPW_96_Wireless_LAN_PC_Card-9BC5

The 3Com driver needs RedGear, so that may be a problem, though the card works crash-free in a 720.

Any ideas?

And if it can't be solved, how would I use a bat file that would

1) "DevPSwitch.exe" 3Com-3CRSHPW_96_Wireless_LAN_PC_Card-9BC5

2) then power off

OR, if that can't be done, is there a command that brings up the Run box--at least that way, I could keystroke it and cut out several steps to a clean shut down. Especially since the Run box remembers the last command.

Advice/suggestions to straightening this matter would be much appreciated,
Jake

Edited by Jake 2013-08-17 5:38 AM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-08-17 3:19 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

All is well, 3Com-wise. I found Isotherm's wondrous 3Com packages and the 728 no longer crashes upon resume.

If folks have time, I still wouldn't mind learning about the .bat file and how to bring up the Run GUI by command rather than menu.

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-08-17 4:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Windows key + r

Trapping a power management event is only doable via low level system calls, so you'd need more than the CE scheduler agent.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-08-17 8:19 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Good to hear that the card isn't living up to its model number (3CR[a]SHP[o]W[er]).
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-08-18 1:16 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hah! Yes, it is a buggy thing on an HPC. Chris, thank you for the Win key tip--that does reduce steps to a clean card disabling. I'll leave the batch file for another time.

This is the first time I've seen a 728 in the flesh. Such an odd two-color choice for the casing. It loses all the grace of the 720 look. I don't care, but the seller did promise a clean screen, and her view of wear must be different than mine. The screen is worn along the right side and has that circle of wear at the top left from repeated icon pressing or something. When the screen is lit, this is mitigated somewhat. And the screen has better calibration than my 720, and the RAM is obviously a big step up.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8