x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Registry disable message?

hpcr Page Icon Posted 2013-08-20 1:51 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

Using J680e, any idea how to disable the pop up for the secondary bat?
I use Tascal regedit or Totalcommander.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
hpcr Page Icon Posted 2013-08-20 2:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Top of the page
hpcr Page Icon Posted 2013-08-21 7:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Nope,
there is no key HKCU\controlpanel\notifications in Wince 2.11.
:/

Edited by hpcr 2013-08-21 7:20 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-08-21 8:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Years ago I had a bad 680 or 690...I can't remember which, but the circuitry that controlled the backup battery didn't work..and it was more than just a simple open or shorted circuit that wouldn't allow the current to pass. The current was passing fine, but it was actually draining my coin cell in just a couple of hours, even with the a/c adapter plugged in....and I also got that infamous low battery warning.

In order to avoid the message, I ended up finding a 3V spot on the circuit board and ran a jumper wire to the contacts where the coin cell was connected. I no longer had a good backup battery, but the Jornada thought I had a good one and quit giving me that message....but I never dared to pull the main battery without the thing being plugged in or it was hard reset time....
 Top of the page
hpcr Page Icon Posted 2013-08-22 12:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Rich Hawley - 2013-08-21 8:03 PM

Years ago I had a bad 680 or 690...I can't remember which, but the circuitry that controlled the backup battery didn't work..and it was more than just a simple open or shorted circuit that wouldn't allow the current to pass. The current was passing fine, but it was actually draining my coin cell in just a couple of hours, even with the a/c adapter plugged in....and I also got that infamous low battery warning.

In order to avoid the message, I ended up finding a 3V spot on the circuit board and ran a jumper wire to the contacts where the coin cell was connected. I no longer had a good backup battery, but the Jornada thought I had a good one and quit giving me that message....but I never dared to pull the main battery without the thing being plugged in or it was hard reset time....

Wow! That's quite hands-on, thanks. Good to have a workaround.
 Top of the page
hpcr Page Icon Posted 2013-08-23 11:51 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Rich,
I re-read, and while I had thought it was just a matter of shorting + and -, what you say (3v point) would require to have a voltmetre or whatever.
Or to know where a 3v point would be.
I don't have any of above. :/

I think I'll use a 3v battery!

Thanks.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-08-23 1:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Always the best solution....use what you should use...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9