x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

symbol mc-9060 WM5 upgrade

mobilemedic01 Page Icon Posted 2013-08-24 9:51 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have not had luck with Symbol getting back to me.. anyone know where I can get the WM5 upgrade for MC-9060 that has a AT&T GSM phone built in or the one with Sprint phone (don't care about either phone as don't use them for phones) but I have 1 handheld i need upgraded to use some of our apps on and will evenutally need to upgrade the other.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-08-25 1:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It is not available for free...it is a commercial product that requires you purchase it from them with a licensing agreement. But I can tell you from experience, once you have the firmware, it is a very easy flash...you just copy it to the memory card and it installs using a small software patch. Once done, you have WM5.

However, be sure to back up your old data and it completely resets the device. Also, you need to know exactly what device identifier you have as there are 3 versions of the WM5 software, each tweaked for the specific hardware. Your device asset data will tell you what you need to know.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 26