x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

TCPMP for Windows CE 2.0 HPC?

aab Page Icon Posted 2013-09-01 11:39 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I installed TCPMP for SH3 on my Casio A-20 and the installer stalls at "Writing information for remove programs..." and if I try to run TCPMP I get an illegal operation error, is there a version that works on the A-20 or another audio/video player that does?

Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-09-01 6:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Windows CE 2.0

Wow - that question hasn't come up in years. TCPMP doesn't support CE 2.0. Wodeon will do the job:

http://www.gc-net.jp/omiokone/wodeon/indexE.htm

Needless to say, it's far from perfect - it runs best in monochrome with buffering. Search "Wodeon" in these forums and you'll see lots of discussion of the details.

For MP3 audio play in CE 2.0, two options are available: Utopiasoft Hum 1.62 (available in the Download Centre here) and Xaudio:

http://archive.org/details/tucows_32632_XAudio_MP3_Player

I've had better experience with the latter with MP3 files. Hum always seemed to freeze up on me.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-09-01 8:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Freezes up on you? Weird...especially since HUM is based on the xaudio engine. You do realize I'm sure that there are two slightly different builds of HUM 1.6, one being for CE 2 and older and the 1.62 other being for CE 2.1 and newer...

I know that both builds work on all CE versions 2.0 and up...but the 1.62 build has significant buffering advantages.

Also the sampling rate of the mp3 makes a really big difference with HUM. Anything above 44kHz will cause the audio to break up... and actually even that is iffy on old machines. Best to use 22kHz sampling for slower old machines...the music plays pretty seamlessly that way...and still sounds pretty decent.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 25