x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

aab Page Icon Posted 2013-09-09 2:51 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm almost 100% sure the Jornada 720 can sync to Windows 7 by USB, because I'm almost sure my MobilePro 900 did sync with Windows 7 by USB.

However, both MobilePro 900s I had were loaded with hardware problems that made them both completely useless so I got rid of both. I can't try it with my Jornada because the seller that sold it to me accidentally included the cradle for the Jornada 600 series which doesn't have USB.

By the way, if ever you need a serial port on a newer PC, there's no need to buy an old PC, simply get a USB to serial adapter or a USB to infrared adapter. I sync to all my Windows CE devices with my USB to infrared adapter and the Virtual PC/Windows XP emulator on my Windows 7 desktop.

Edited by aab 2013-09-09 3:01 AM
 Top of the page
K-Train Page Icon Posted 2013-09-12 8:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have the Jornada 728 with dock and I cannot sync to Windows 7 by USB.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-09-13 9:29 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is a slight incorrect use of phrasing going on here. It can connect and file transfer, but cannot synchronise the full set of PIM data under WMDC / ActiveSync 4.5
 Top of the page
nevil11 Page Icon Posted 2013-09-19 10:50 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi I have a Jornada 720 and the problem of when to add the NEC CMZ-RT-WP wifi card it says not recognized by the PC card with the driver's name.

How can I fix the problem?

Edited by nevil11 2013-09-19 10:51 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-09-19 1:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The CMZ-RT-WP is not compatible with any HPC. There are no Windows CE drivers for it. Search the HCL on this website for a listing of compatible wifi cards. With that said, you might try the Prism Reference Set of drivers just out of curiousity and see what happens since the card uses the Prism chip set...
 Top of the page
tracyleon Page Icon Posted 2013-10-25 7:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have similar problem.
 Top of the page
Dave Wurm Page Icon Posted 2013-10-30 5:39 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi, I am running WinXP on my laptop. For some obscure reason, ActiveSync 3.8 will not connect to my Jornada (in cradle with USB). I am not worried about synchronizing calendars, etc. So, my usual means of transferring data in via a CF card. I suppose it would be nice to get the AS working, but it is not a priority.

I have another somewhat related issue... I would like to run PowerPoint presentation from the Jornada. Without AS, the .PPT files cannot be converted to .PPV for the resident PowerPoint viewer.

I have tried Conduit Pocket Slides. But the program frequently freezes the Jornada. Also, I can't get the desktop .PPT to .CPT converter to make the conversion. Sometimes it says the conversion is successful. But the resulting .cpt file contains zero bits. Usually, it hangs up with a message: "Cannot open powerpoint."

I have also looked at CNetX Pocket SlideShow. From what I have read, it works better on the Jornada. So, I downloaded the appropriate installation files, with the stand alone desktop converter (.ppt to .pss). The converter runs very nicely, and reports that the conversion has been completed. However, the converted file does not appear in the target directory (or anywhere else on the computer). CNetX does not respond to my emails. Their contact forms are not working. I finally ran across a message on their site that says everything has been discontinued, go visit handango.com (but they have nothing for the Jornada). I suppose, I have just wasted a bunch of time. Because, even if the CNetX Pocket SlideShow program and converter worked perfectly, it would only be the trial software, and there would be no way to purchase a registered copy.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-10-30 6:40 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

You can use Softmaker Presentations for this, version 2006 should run IIRC and you may try to make later versions working.

There is also a set of standard MS Office viewers:
http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm
http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/cenet_viewersfull.zip (Am I doing something wrong when I hotlink to a file?)

Edited by Alt Bass 2013-10-30 6:41 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-10-30 7:38 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I vote that you use the viewer...no conversion necessary that way.
 Top of the page
Dave Wurm Page Icon Posted 2013-10-31 6:33 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi, Your comments were very helpful. I have Softmaker Office 2006 installed on the Jornada. But it lacks a Presentations mode. The Presentations program was introduced in 2008. I've read that it is not fully compatible with the Jornada (since it was designed for larger screen size). But I don't know where to get the 2008 version anyway.

The cmonex viewers files work (copied to the CF card). But there are still issues:

1. The presentations viewer displays .ppt files built by Softmaker Presentations 2010 (on desktop computer), and saved as PPT97. However, strangely, it only displays the background image and graphics (no text) on the slides... and, It does not seem to output to the VGA card.

2. The image viewer displays all slides properly. However, the slides must first be extracted from the .ppt as graphic files (.png).
This would work... except the image viewer does not display through my VGA card.

3. Another option might be to convert the .ppt to .pdf. The cmonex pdf viewer doesn't like my files. But I have an Adobe viewer which sees them, and has a presentation mode... But it cannot find the video card.

The VGA output works with the MS PPV Viewer. But I can't convert to ppv since my ActiveSync doesn't connect.

Getting closer... Thank you!
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-10-31 8:40 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Dave Wurm - 2013-10-31 9:33 PM

I've read that it is not fully compatible with the Jornada (since it was designed for larger screen size).

There were versions for qVGA and VGA+ screens IIRC. I used QVGA versions on my Sigmarion 3 anyways.

http://storage9.static.itmages.ru/i/13/1031/h_1383251664_2760309_ba...

Dave Wurm - 2013-10-31 9:33 PM

Getting closer... Thank you!

Wow, that a load of problems... Hate CE for not having a simple support for multiple screens.
 Top of the page
Dave Wurm Page Icon Posted 2013-11-04 7:48 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hello again,
Here is an update on my list of problems. (They were not as bad as they sounded):

1. The lack of text in the PPT files as displayed on my Jornada, was because "Text Art" is not displayed in CE. Regular text is okay. (Fix: Don't use text art in presentations on CE device.)

2. With conversion of slides to a series of graphics files, the text art slides would be usable.

The total lack of VGA output was simply due to overlooking the icon for toggling the external display on/off. However, with the output "on", the VGA output is only what is viewable on the Jornada screen. Whereas, the desired output would be 640x480, the displayed output is the top half of the page: 640x240. The native MS Pocket PowerPoint (PPV) viewer does provide full VGA display output. (But I can't convert PPT to PPV.)

3. The cmonex viewers might fix most of my issues, if they would recognize the HP VGA card (F1252A). According to another post, they are supposed to recognize it. The viewers have a VGA output setup box, which is supposed to allow choice of VGA card and screen resolution. But the text boxes are empty, and I can't make any entry into them.
I wonder... Is there a .dll file(s) that must be included in the viewer directory, to point the viewers to the VGA card?

Also, I found the .cab file for Softmaker Presentations 2008 and installed it. The program requires WinCE4. The Jornada 720, is a CE3 device. But, a long time back, I installed RedGear compatiblity software which simulates CE4. Presentations 2008 runs under RedGear. (You have to use WinWatch to navigate, since the Presentations "hires" version is for a 640x480 screen.) This program would work nicely, but again, the VGA dialogue box in Presentations does not know about the HP VGA card. (Therefore, the external VGA output is just what is shown on the Jornada screen.)

So... How do I get the viewers to communicate with the VGA card?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-11-05 3:01 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Dave Wurm - 2013-11-04 10:48 PM

Also, I found the .cab file for Softmaker Presentations 2008 and installed it. The program requires WinCE4. The Jornada 720, is a CE3 device. But, a long time back, I installed RedGear compatiblity software which simulates CE4. Presentations 2008 runs under RedGear. (You have to use WinWatch to navigate, since the Presentations "hires" version is for a 640x480 screen.)

Why won't you use low-res version? I use it on my Sig 3 at 800x480 as I said.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-11-05 4:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The software has to be written specifically to support external VGA support for it to show up at a resolution higher than 640x240. Of course if you use one of the SVGA HPCs, such as the Jornada 820 or Mobilepro 880, then it shows up at that native resolution of 800x600.
 Top of the page
Dave Wurm Page Icon Posted 2013-11-05 7:32 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I have not tried the low res version of Softmaker Presentations, yet. I'm not opposed to the idea, but I thought the hires might be a better fit for the Jornada 720 screen (640x240). But regardless of which version, it is not how the program fits the device screen, but how the VGA output is displayed that is the issue. Somehow, the MS Pocket PowerPoint displays at 640x480. It looks like the cmonex viewers and Softmaker Presentations should be capable of doing this, but they do not see the HP VGA card (F1252A). Somewhere, I read that HP did not provide ARM drivers for this card (except the ones embedded in the Jornada operating system). They did provide SH drivers for the Jornada 680 (but I'd guess they are incompatible with the 720). I wonder if another card (such as the Colorgraphics VGA card), for which drivers are available might provide the desired interaction with the presentations type programs previously mentioned?
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.266 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 14