x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC MobilePro 400 in 2013

1 2
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-12-20 2:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I had to look up "cor."
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-12-20 2:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As in "Cor Blimey Guvna'"
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-12-20 6:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2013-12-20 4:39 AM

Stingraze, the CE1 screenshots are a great thing to add to the SCL...and you can always keep an ongoing list of what works and what doesn't on CE1 HPCs...probably there are a few programs written for CE2 and higher that would work fine I imagine....well maybe...

Wish I spoke and read Japanese...would have made my few software translations a whole lot easier...

I doubt it. There seems to be a significant difference in the way that CE 1 programs are written versus CE 2 programs. Unless they were written for CE 1 in the first place, I don't see a way to make any CE 2 programs work. (You certainly can't just edit the OS version identifier, because it's not written the same way in CE 1; ie, there's no hex string "01 00 00." )
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-12-20 7:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The CE2 bin uses the vC++ 6 compiler, the CE 5 vC++ 5's. Unless they were written in an intermediate language, have no compiler extensions or use a framework language (PocketC) which is available for both 1.x and 2.0, native code C++ apps and MFC from 2.0 won't work. 1.x apps will run on 2.0 of course as the CRTL's are down-level compatible.

As CE Geek points out, they used a custom PE type header too.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-12-21 2:17 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie - 2013-12-20 7:57 PM
stingraze,

Either I imagined it or they must have added it in the 2.0/2.11 version. I'm sure I found a way to cause a delay in one of the utilities. Cryptically in the SCL entry it suggests you need v0.05 or newer http://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/details.asp?id=155

As for jobs, we could always do with extra help in updating, adding, revising and cleaning up content, especially with the SCL. New app listings, screenshots, translations of our badly copy/pasted Microsoft / Google translator entries. There are a whole heap of Japanese devices in the database that have minimal or no specs associated with them.

So if you want to help, you're always welcome!

Sure, I can help in my free time, how should I proceed?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-12-21 10:16 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I don't know, Rich, what do you think? We like people to give up their day jobs completely before joining the staff. We can't have our people being distracted by things like "real life" you know!

PM sent
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 1:10 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie - 2013-12-21 7:16 PM

I don't know, Rich, what do you think? We like people to give up their day jobs completely before joining the staff. We can't have our people being distracted by things like "real life" you know!

PM sent

Haha. PM sent.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 10:50 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

What's a day job? Oh, I remember now...that was something I did for decades before retirement...

Now my biggest job of the say is 30 minutes on the throne....

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 8:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Maybe you need more fiber, Your Majesty.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-12-22 10:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 27