x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows CE and Dropbox (really)

[Frozen]
Frozen
Duckworth Page Icon Posted 2014-01-23 3:06 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I'm still new here but I thought I would share a setup I made where I keep a small Win XP machine turned on which has a loaded copy of Dropbox on it.

I then use my J720 to connect in and access my files. Provided I store my notes as text files, I now have full synchronization between my desktop, laptop, phone and HPC notes. Love it!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-01-23 3:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Cool

Connect via SMB, FTP or Remote Desktop?
 Top of the page
Duckworth Page Icon Posted 2014-01-24 3:12 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I connect in via SMB and edit all my files directly on the Jornada. I'm working on a book right now and it's great to always be able to access my thoughts and interviews no matter which device I have with me at the moment.

I really had forgotten how useful the HPC form factor can be, especially with the pocketable size. I can work on the subway in ways that I never could with a laptop or tablet since they're so large.
 Top of the page
Viriato Page Icon Posted 2014-01-25 8:12 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I couldn't agree more, Duckworth. Clever solution!
HPC is still the best form factor for those who write. I myself still use my Jornada.
If only I could connect my CF card to my smartphone, I would be in heaven.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-01-25 11:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There was a Dropbox client for Windows Mobile called DroppedBoxx. It was a .NET Compact Framework app - not sure which version, either .NET CF 2.0 or 3.5, but either way it couldn't run on the 720. (I was never able to get it to open in any device with CE 4.0 or higher either, though.)
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10