x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-02-03 10:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

We have several threads on HPCFactor that touches on the old PVB. Yet I don't see anywhere on this site where the runtimes are located? Nor have I found exactly any limitations on the OS requirements, etc.

Who knows for sure?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-02-03 10:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The VB runtimes are in the SCL and H/PC:Update...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-02-03 11:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

But are those for .VB files or .PVB?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-02-04 7:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The eMbedded Visual Basic runtime files for CE 2.0 (pvb.exe, pvbrt.dll, vbscript.dll, and vbsen.dll) are the ones needed to run .pvb apps. With CE 2.11, additional controls were created and the file extension for eVB-based apps was changed to .vb.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-02-04 3:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I still can't find the correct files for this damn NEC 790...

This is driving me nuts...I even tried changing the file extensions from .pvb to.vb and that didn't work. I've tried associating the .pvb with the VB runtimes native to the 790...that didn't work either.

You would have thought they would have created backward compatibility with this stuff.

So does that mean I have to install the VB runtimes along with the .pvb file in the directory itself rather than overwrite the ones in the Windows folder?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-02-05 4:51 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No, .pvb will not work anywhere except CE 2.0, and .vb won't work in CE 2.0. (Trust me - I've tried too.) The runtime libraries are completely different. Note, for example, that the CE 2.0 eVB executable is pvb.exe, while in CE 2.11 forward it's pvbload.exe.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-02-05 9:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The 2.00 pvb has to be created with a different compiler (the VBTK for Visual Studio 6), the later all come from the eVT 3 VB IDE.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-02-05 11:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

So it is impossible to run .pvb files on a CE 2.11 or newer machine? Even if you install the mfcce20.dll in the folder along with the pvb.exe file in the same folder as the .pvb file?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-02-05 11:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have never tried I'm afraid.

It cannot go into \windows that is for certain, MFC 2.11 will take precedent. We would need to check that the pvb 2.00 service isn't borrowing clsid's from the eVB one. If it is you'd have to de-register the 2.11 one to make it work. What is dependency walker saying? Does it need the CE 2.0 OLE as well? If so they'll have to be next to the .exe or it will use OLE 2.11.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-02-05 1:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

i tried it...nope, just hangs at the hourglass. According to execcheck and depwalker, nothing is wrong...it just doesn't want to run under hpc2000. Guess that is a dead end.

Now for another problem. I downloaded the vb runtime for CE2, SH3 and copied it to my 360lx. Copied over a .pvb file as well. Tapping on it does nothing. Tapping n the pvb.exe I get an error saying "there are missing or unregistered files. p Please run setup again to restore these files."

How do I register them?

NEVERMIND! I see that CEGeek had the same problem with his 360LX and it requries a crappola bunch of registry edits or something...I still think there must be some way to run pvb on a new CE OS with some creative hacking...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-02-05 3:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You need to regsvrce it. It's missing all the clsid's
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-02-06 8:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Uh, I don't think mfcce20.dll has anything to do with the PVB runtimes. As I recall they only depend on ole32.dll and oleaut32.dll. (You might be thinking of NSBasic, which depends on both VB and MFC runtime files.)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-02-06 2:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Okay...got it running fine now. Problem was not registering the individual pvb dlls. So I just put them into a cab file and installed it that way...self registering them. Easier and faster than typing and entering each one on a command line...and in the event of a hard reset, a lot easier to repeat the process later.

BTW, in case anyone else has a 360LX and is confused...I've attached the CAB file here to make it easy for you...

(pvb running on 360lx.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pvb running on 360lx.jpg (53KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments CE2 SH3 PVB.CAB (591KB - 7 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2014-02-06 9:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ooooh cool! do you have the bits for mips the cab versions could go into update?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-02-06 10:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

As far as I know, only the 360LX has problems with the pvb files...but just in case here is the same thing with the proper reg edits for MIPS

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CE2 MIPS R3000 PVB.CAB (701KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments CE2 MIPS R4000 PVB.CAB (701KB - 7 downloads)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 10