x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

THE SKY BISQUE SOFTWARE

1 2
jab Page Icon Posted 2014-02-23 11:00 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I aim to do that. Some of the registry entries are there (the program is still trying to install) when I look at the registry entries via Total Commander. Where did you get the registry entries from? Do I need to do another hard reset and then put the registry in, or add to what's there while the program is still waiting to finish installing
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-02-23 12:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The registry entries are part of the CAB file when it installs.

Take the info that C:Amie gave you, the blue text and copy it to notepad and then save the file as "TheSky.reg" Make sure you change the file extention from .txt to .reg.

Then use Tascal Reg Editor and import that newly created reg file into your registry.

That's it. Basically the CAB file first copies all the individual parts of the CAB onto your device, and then when it is done, the set the registry up and then exits. Something is stopping you from getting to that point. You are copying the files okay, but not incorporating the registry.

This is a way to work around that.
 Top of the page
jab Page Icon Posted 2014-02-23 3:01 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I will try constructing the registry soon .Some parts of the registry are there using Total Commander to view. Do I need to do another hard reset or can I add items while the Bisque software is partly installed? Where did you get the registry structure from?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-02-23 9:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I installed the R3000 CAB successfully on my Viliv X5 (another MIPS device) without any hangup in the install process, and I got the "city information cannot be read from your device" as well. The solution to that looks pretty easy: just open the menu selection given and, when the dialog box (small window) opens, check the box marked "Home City." (To set the home city to match your location, double-click on the time in the system tray [on the lower right-hand corner of the screen], and when the "World Clock" opens, select a major city near your home town. I can't do that on my device, because it doesn't have the H/PC World Clock, so I have to enter the city manually the same way every time I open the app.) But, as Rich points out, the file locations are important. In addition to what Rich mentions about the "Sky Data" folder, make sure that it has installed the file "Normal.sky" in the \My Documents folder. (If it isn't there, you can create it manually by extracting it from the CAB on your PC, and then copy it to \My Documents on the Fex.) Adding the registry entries from C:Amie's post (on the previous page) by the method Rich explains is also important because it tells the device what a .sky file is for and where it can find the program to use it.
 Top of the page
jab Page Icon Posted 2014-02-25 8:26 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Copied the registry file minus "regedit 4" into notepad , changed the suffix to .reg, then copied the file to the compact flash card. Loaded Tascal to the fex (ok) the tried to import the file "syntax error" so then put the registry entries in manually. The program was then started again no change still trying to install (I get the box cannot get city information from the device BUT THE EGG TIMER IS STILL ON BEHIND THE BOX

I cannot understand even if the registry entries are not complete why installation will not complete even if the program will not run.

It seems the Mips 3000 cab does work even though it says my device is the wrong one is it possible to make the 3000 cab suit my device?

Is there an error in the 4000 cab files? or have we got a compatability problem?

Can we construct a 4000 cab using the 3000 files or some of them?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-02-25 12:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Okay...let's see what happens....I modded the cab files. The only thing I did was take out the main program from the 3000 build and substitute the main program from the 4000 build which is correct for your cpu type.

Try it here: http://webpages.charter.net/mymobilepro/
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-02-26 6:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Generally, MIPS 3000 files are compatible with MIPS 4000 devices, but not so much the other way around, at least from what I've read online.
 Top of the page
jab Page Icon Posted 2014-02-27 2:46 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

SUCCESS!!!!!!

The program loaded no problem and found the location from the FEX21(HPC2000)

Many thanks I hope this helps other people too . I have just started an Astronomy course and this should help me.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.183 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9