x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

using USB Device, Ocean Optics STS Spectrometer

[Frozen]
Frozen
jmarcelopn Page Icon Posted 2014-03-10 12:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi ,

I want to comunicate, my windows CE to a spectrometer , model STS from Ocean Optics.

I am reading their datasheet,
http://www.oceanoptics.com/technical/engineering/STS%20Data%20Sheet...

I already have made some functions to write, and Reading with Serial interface using a handle. But even I use the maximum velocity (115kbps) the communication with the spectrometter are still very slow,

Now I am trying to use USB comunications (Full speed 12Mbit/s),

On page 12, It is show me the usb endpoints

USB Endpoints (any data query on either OUT will cause a response on the corresponding IN):
EP1 OUT ? EP1 IN
EP2 OUT ? EP2 IN

Ocean Optics Vendor ID number is 0x2457 and the Product ID is 0x4000.

I think I have all information that I need, but I never use a USB driver ( on wince) to communicate with other device,

So my doubts are,

Can I use a existent device Driver and communicate directly with it using streams to handle ? Do u have any example?

Do I have to make a entry on registry to make my WinCe to recognize this driver? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn key? What is hte difference between these two entries? Should I Do a new DLL Driver?

Thanks a lot for any help,

João.

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-03-10 2:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

What type of Windows CE device are you using?

According to the Ocean Optics PDF you linked to, you would need USB2.0 for a hi-speed scan, and there are no USB2.0 CE devices...at least in the handheld we commonly use.

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-03-10 8:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm pretty sure CE 6 supports USB 2.0, Rich. I believe some CE 6.0 (and Windows Embedded Compact 7) netbooks have at least one USB 2.0 port. (Unless I'm mistaken, it's the rear USB port on the 7" netbooks.)
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 26