x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Casio E11 File Transfer?

1 2
lotec Page Icon Posted 2014-03-28 5:30 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello everyone, I recovered a Casio E-11 from the attic today that I put away a very long time ago. Seems to be a well functioning device.

I would like to know if there may be a way to transfer files between Casio E-11 and an HPC? I have tried IR transfer between my 720 and the Casio but it seems not to work.

Also would there be any file explorer or audio player program available out there for this model?

Thanks,
lotec
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-03-28 5:39 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Hi,

I think you can simply use a Compact Flash card to move the files.

As for the audio player, I think there is a windows media player for Palm-size PC, but I'm not too sure.

-stingraze

Edited by stingraze 2014-03-28 5:57 AM
 Top of the page
lotec Page Icon Posted 2014-03-28 6:02 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thank you stingraze for the suggestion. I have tried with Compact Flash card, unfortunately there is no File Explorer included with the Casio E-11 to allow moving of files.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2014-03-28 8:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You should be able to transfer files via IR between the two devices with Total Commander (running on both the sending and receiving devices), but you'd need an ActiveSync connection with the E-11 to create the link to open it (in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs rather than in \Windows\Programs as on the H/PC).

stingraze, there is a Windows Media Player 1.1 for the Palm-size PC, but it requires CE 2.11. (The E-11 runs CE 2.01.) MP3 support prior to CE 2.11 is very limited - the only options are Hum and Xaudio. (I've found, though, that even CE 2.11 devices with monochrome displays don't tend to handle MP3 sound well. My guess is that it's due to the lower power of those monochrome devices versus their color counterparts.)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-03-28 11:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I got many years of use from my E-10 and E-11...good basic machines.

Total Commander works great on the E-11 as does XAudio...
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-03-28 1:10 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

CE Geek - 2014-03-28 5:58 PM
stingraze, there is a Windows Media Player 1.1 for the Palm-size PC, but it requires CE 2.11. (The E-11 runs CE 2.01.) MP3 support prior to CE 2.11 is very limited - the only options are Hum and Xaudio. (I've found, though, that even CE 2.11 devices with monochrome displays don't tend to handle MP3 sound well. My guess is that it's due to the lower power of those monochrome devices versus their color counterparts.)

Ahh! I never owned a Palm-size PC before, so..

I guess 8MB of RAM is pretty small and 69MHz is low clock, but remember the Palm at 33MHz? haha

iPods' CPU clock were 90 MHz and variable 80 MHz, btw.

Edited by stingraze 2014-03-28 1:30 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-03-28 1:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The one thing I loved about all my old Casios...all the way from the early ones to the E-125 was the quick launch menu program they had...I don't remember the name, but I do remember it had a bunch of squares on the screen that made it easy to launch a program with just a finger touch...
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-03-28 2:21 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Yes, I have the E-700 (Japanese EM-500) and the icons were good for finger use.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-03-28 4:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Arrrgh...not to change the subject, but my first eBay scam was the purchase of an EM500. I sent $70 Western Union to the seller on eBay as directed and he took it and disappeared. Luckily, the FBI tracked him down and a few years later I got all my money back...still I was pretty angry at the time.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-03-28 9:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Ouch! That must have hurt.

Those scammers must be one reason Western Union isn't allowed on eBay, I guess.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-03-28 9:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It hurt a lot. Luckily I still had my E-15 to fall back on, then went and got an E-125 anyways...but those EM500s were really pretty. I see you are selling a few on eBay...that red one is wicked cool looking.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-03-28 9:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

haha, yes, I like the Red Limited Edition E-700 too Hope it sells!
 Top of the page
lotec Page Icon Posted 2014-04-07 4:30 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thank you for the replies everyone, I have not much time to work with the E11 but will recover the sync cradle from the attic later today and attempt to install TCommander and Hum into the handheld. I also retrieved from an old box a EM500 in gold given to me 10 years ago that I will have to bring back to life as the battery has gone.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-04-07 8:26 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

EM500! neat. My first PDA was E-700WE a Japanese version of the EM500.
 Top of the page
lotec Page Icon Posted 2014-04-08 3:00 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yes, an EM-500. It is quite neat as I remember using it as years ago as a portable player and a reminder tool. The controls on it are perfect and it has a nice speaker. I'll have to work on bringing it back so I can use the EM-500 again. I wouldn't mind having the silver Japanese version either.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9