x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Compact Flash problem on 720

docsdad Page Icon Posted 2014-04-01 2:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a Jornada 720 that I let set around until the battery went dead. I recently got it out and tried to get it back running. I can not get it to recognize any compact flash memory card. When it finally acknowledges it by coming up with unrecognized pcc card and wants a driver to run it. Any suggestions as to what I should do. At one point it asked if I wanted to format the card so it could be used. When I said yes, it started and then came back with an error message and quit the format. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2014-04-01 2:37 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

How large (and how many) CF cards have you tried? Have you tried to format it on a different device (i.e., desktop card reader)?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2014-04-01 3:21 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

One way might be to format it on your PC as FAT16 or FAT32 and do a scan disk on it. I think that fixed my problem once.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-04-01 12:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Another idea is download the utility in the SCL called "Flash Format" and test the card on your HPC.
 Top of the page
docsdad Page Icon Posted 2014-04-02 8:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have tried several cards, The first one was the one that had been in the 720 before with hpc 2000 programs on it. Note when it fails to format, I get error code 31 when it fails to format. any one no what this means.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-04-02 8:50 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Ahhh...try a pcmcia adapter, could be your connector is bad in the cf slot...
 Top of the page
docsdad Page Icon Posted 2014-04-02 10:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Same problem in the pc slot, it does not recognize that there is a card in the pc slot. Tried two different adapters. These worked before.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-04-02 11:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Very strange....suggest you try a hard reset of your Jornada and see what happens. Possiblility that some program overwrote one of the drivers or something else.

Also double check the formatting option and make sure they are not formatted NTFS from your desktop but are in fact Fat16.
 Top of the page
michelbel Page Icon Posted 2014-04-04 7:15 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Huizen, Netherlands (~20 miles from Amsterdam)
Alternatively I think you may have shorted pins in one of the slots (pcmcia or CF). Try to look inside the slots with a loupe. If you see one very short pin, it may have been pushed back and shorted another pin invisibly inside. Carefully pull it back again to the right length with a small needle nosed pliers. This has worked for me several times. Otherwise you have to disassemble the system to check the slots for a short or a flattened pin.
Michel
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 10