x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SIMpad SL4 flashing to 4.1 help, please

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 4:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

glad to see i could help you with my description!

i dont think the cpu speed matters... it's just a commandline app (serload) and COM1 and data transfer at 115 kbps.. i take no responsibility though

just some personal advice: if you dont have to do it, dont update the bootloader, IMO it is really unnecessary and maybe even risky. i've tried only the CL4 clone (swisscom ) though.. and an ancient bootloader at that, v1.4!! as opposed to your simpad's 2.4 (i'll make this guess that it is 2.4)..

oh and afaik, if flashing the rom image itself isnt successful, just retry (redownload image to simpad and reflash). the only risk is when you update the bootloader.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 12:13 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok, I'm flashing the SL4 as I write. I started with 2 happy faces on the progress bar about 10 minutes ago.

How long, more or less, will the flashing take? How many happy faces indicate I'm done?

TY

edit: How do I know the flashing is finished? I'm looking at a Monitor menu with several choices.

Do I disco the serial cable now and reset?

edit: What the hell? I disco'd the serial cable and reset the SL4 (I didn't use the monitor menu choices).

It booted to Hpc2k!! I double checked the image I used and it's the cenet one. What happened? How to fix

Edited by wallythacker 2006-05-17 1:09 AM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 3:23 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Nevermind, the second flash worked, scratching head....

cenet is easily 5x speedier than the hpc2k image, which tells me the hpc2k image was all messed as I suspected.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 12:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, ce.net is faster even with animation enabled, dunno why. but if you disable animation on the hpc2000 simpad, its GUI will be (almost?) as fast as cenet
anyway how do you like ce.net ???

regarding your flash experiences, i had the same problem with flashing the bootloader, got just a few smiley chars and waited and waited and nothing. i didn't try that again, and the rom image itself got flashed in at first try.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I didn't touch the bootloader. It's 2.4x and AFAIK it didn't need updating for cenet.

I don't know yet how I like cenet. I don't like the zero config wireless crap. It seemed stupid and got in my way.

What runs properly under cenet? Most of the ppcs apps or few of them? How about hpc2k stuff? Work or duds?

If less apps works I'll switch back to hpc2k.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 10:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah the bootloader doesn't need updating. even the old version 1.4 is ok with ce.net. i don't know why the cesd article starts telling about the bootloader update.

can't tell or list you what runs properly, you need to check your fav programs for yourself. don't forget the 1171/1172/1173/etc hack, it will help a lot. though it is needed less times on the simpad. hpc2000 apps usually run fine, don't forget to put the hpc mfc redist in /windows though.
ce.net 4.1 is better with ppc apps (but needs extra hacks sometimes), and 4.2 is even better. sometimes you don't even have to hack if you have 4.2.

what's the problem with zero config? it has a very nice wifi scanner, it will show you the IP, DNS, etc, and will allow you to release/renew it! everything in one place... (ok if you want static ip, you need to go to dialup&networking in control panel WHEN the card is inserted)
 Top of the page
pmalex Page Icon Posted 2010-05-15 9:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hy, a while ago ,I bought a simpad sl 4 with windows 3.0 ,and now I want to upgrade to 4.1 to have a better internet browser ,but :after I follow the steps to flash the device, ( i have all the files the 4.1 image,serloader,loader_bl and loader_bl.alt) I get the Press RESET! message,I reset and nothing happens,no progress bar appears! ( I reset the simpad again ,and puf! the same problem) I can't understand what am I doing wrong. I tried to flash the simpad with another pc ,but the same thing happens. Help please
 Top of the page
pmalex Page Icon Posted 2010-05-16 10:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

nobody? I still can't get my simpad to upgrade,is there another method that I can use (beside using a cf card)?

simpad!

Edited by pmalex 2010-05-16 10:19 PM
 Top of the page
pmalex Page Icon Posted 2010-05-28 1:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

pmalex - 2010-05-16 10:19 PM

nobody? I still can't get my simpad to upgrade,is there another method that I can use (beside using a cf card)?

simpad!
?
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2010-05-29 12:16 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I used serial cable to do it successfully.
 Top of the page
pmalex Page Icon Posted 2010-05-30 10:36 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

CAuser - 2010-05-29 12:16 AM

I used serial cable to do it successfully.

Yes, I also use the serial cable but the problem persists. Maybe it's the windows I use on the pc....
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2010-05-30 3:20 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I did twice using Win2K and WinXP.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10