x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

brand new Jornada 728

Pollux
Pollux Page Icon Posted 2004-11-05 11:07 PM
#
Hello people, I'm from Brazil and I've bought an almost new 728 in the beginning of this year.It's working wonderfully and it's really a great machine.As a big surprise , I've discovered someone that is selling a brand new one ( without use ), in a sealed box.I'm tempted to buy this one as a reserve, for there is no such good device like this one nowadays.I have just one question for you : do you think that it's a good idea?What would you do? Is there a big chance that it becomes totally obsolete soon? I aprecciate any help you could give.

Pollux
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-11-06 1:53 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Well I got mine for a month or so.

I think if the one you have is perfectly fine, you shouldn't buy another one for yourself. Perhaps you should tell your friends to buy it instead.

Personally, if (and only if) I'm forced to replace my Jornada, I'd look for something with CE 4 instead.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-06 7:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm actually going to say the opposite of takwu. I understand his opinion, but we have a different angle on things.

If you feel that the 728 is a device that you can get some long term use out of, and would like to ensure that you have a backup device should the worst happen to your current one. Then go for it.
Weigh up how much use it gets, where it's stored - is it liable to get damaged through beeing shaken up or continually used in high risk situations. If the answer is yes, then having a shrink wrapped backup could be a good idea. There's even a SMALL chance that you could pick up a warranty on it.

As for takwu and Windows CE 4. I wouldn't replace my PDA use H/PC with a Windows CE 4 device. You loose the PIM.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-11-06 3:26 PM
#
H/PC Elder

You lose the PIM on CE 4? I didn't know.

I use my H/PC as PDA too...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-06 3:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE 4 is an Operating System like Windows XP or Windows CE 3.0
Handheld PC 2000, Pocket PC 2002 etc are Platforms, they come with the app suite.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8