x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Casio A-20, A-10, A11 all will not Boot

aoresteen Page Icon Posted 2015-01-06 2:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

My Casio Cassiopeia A-20, A-11, A-10 have been in storage for a number of years. Today I got them out and had to replace the backup batteries CR2032 in all of them. I put in fresh AA batteries. None will start. I did a hard reset still no boot. I plugged the A-20 into the AC adapter still no boot.

I checked the CR2032, AA, and the AC adapter with my multimeter - all are at the proper voltage.

What am I doing wrong? They all worked when I put them away.

TIA!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-01-06 7:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Did you try to start them by pushing the power button, or by poking the reset button? (You have to do the latter after a hard reset.)
 Top of the page
aoresteen Page Icon Posted 2015-01-06 8:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks! I figured it out. A carbon based error! The battery pack release on the back has two tabs that you spread to remove the battery. When you replace the batteries you have to push them back together.

There's a label on the back that says "Normal Operating Position" and has a picture of the tabs TOGETHER. I wasn't pushing the tabs back together. Duh!

I did find my HP J728 & NEC 900 in my storage unit and I did mange to get them started! Now it's off to Wally World for some more AA and 2032 batteries!

Edited by aoresteen 2015-01-06 8:22 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-01-06 10:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Oh, yeah, I used to forget that occasionally on my A-10. Glad you got it solved.
 Top of the page
aoresteen Page Icon Posted 2015-01-07 12:09 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The A-20 still won't boot. It might be dead - I haven't used it since 2009 so I'll have to play with it some more. Found 3 Compaqs I had forgotten about - the C120, C120+, and the C140. I'm not sure why I bought them but I'll get them running.

I retired last year and getting my CE devices running has been on my to do list.
 Top of the page
pacmania1982 Page Icon Posted 2016-01-04 1:36 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Iowa's just about to say check the spreader thingies. Its caught me out a few times with my C-140.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10