x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ViewSonic's Visual Solutions Developer Tools CD-ROM

andreww127
andreww127 Page Icon Posted 2015-01-11 11:28 AM
#
Hi,

I'm trying to locate the ViewSonic's Visual Solutions Developer Tools CD-ROM for the V212 tablet.

If anyone has a copy of this or the original CD I would be willing to pay something.

I have had no luck at all when contacting Viewsonic's customer services, they pass me onto a company called repair tech and they cant help.

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-01-11 2:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The Visual Solutions Developer Tools came on almost all the CDs for the newer Viewsonic devices. Even on the CDs for pocketpcs...such as the V-37.

But the tools by themselves are pretty limited or worthless. They are meant to be integrated with Microsofts VS.NET. So unless you have that as well.....

Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2015-01-11 5:28 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

It is also worth adding that many standard SDKs are available here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/developer/

Are you talking about SDK or about something else?
 Top of the page
andreww127
andreww127 Page Icon Posted 2015-01-17 4:56 PM
#
What I was trying to achieve was to perform some updates and add some applications to Windows CE 5.0 which is stored in flash ROM memory, so it is was permanently saved.

I havent got a board support package for the viewsonic v212, I was going to use platform builder and write an NK.bin file back to the device, there is a menu on booting the V212, which is called "update NK.bin"

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-01-17 8:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Most of the time, installing a new NK.bin file also includes wiping out the existing one and overwriting it. So unless your new NK.bin file contains everything already on there, then all you would be doing is adding the new stuff and deleting all your important system files....not a good idea.

Sometimes it is just safer to manually copy over whatever it is you want and then when you are done, make a complete system backup of everything in case you have to hard reset.

Unless you have a MP900 where we can actually create a complete custom NK.bin with exactly what ever we want on it.

Another option would be in Viewsonic had an already created NK.bin with everything on it...then you might could just add the drivers/files you want to that and reflash you unit. Seems to me that I used a Viewsonic flash once on my Neta 980 to go from CE3 to 4.2. But I've never seen a CE5 image for the V212.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2015-01-17 10:57 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2015-01-17 11:30 PM

Most of the time, installing a new NK.bin file also includes wiping out the existing one and overwriting it. So unless your new NK.bin file contains everything already on there, then all you would be doing is adding the new stuff and deleting all your important system files....not a good idea.

That's what BSP is for, Rich.

Protip: it is not Bsquare Power Handheld.

Edited by Alt Bass 2015-01-17 10:58 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-01-18 1:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I know...that's why I said what I did. He doesn't have a BSP...but was thinking of creating an nk.bin using a platform builder.

Dangerous stuff trying to flash a device...great way to create a brick.

Protip #2: Nor does BSP stand for "Basic Security Profile" or "British Standard Pipe."
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28