x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ballshooter.com appears to be dead

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-08-08 8:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The URL redirects to a pretty scary-looking malware site. Does anyone know the developer so we can contact him/her about a possible HPC:Factor Exemptionware license for all Ballshooter Windows CE software?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-08-08 3:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I've sent requests to Ballshooter before asking for Exemptionware status. He wasn't ready to do it at that time because the serial numbers you enter are the same as for the pocketpc versions he sold.

DigitalRiver was the commercial company that handled his financial transactions, and they told me today that they no longer vendor support Ballshooter, that they (Ballshooter) are now out of business and suggested emailing their old email address for support.

I did this again just a few minutes ago, so we will see what happens.

Wayback machine shows the website present until April this year...
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-08-08 7:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I put this in the HPC:Factor Related Discussion forum because the link is on the Software Compatibility List pages for all the Ballshooter apps, and I wanted to warn members not to click on the Ballshooter site link while we make corrections to those pages in the SCL. However, as of this writing I've just corrected all those pages.
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-08-08 8:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Loderunner updated to show it was exemptionware...
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8