x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Connecting a Jornada 680 to wifi?

[Frozen]
Frozen
mandierae24 Page Icon Posted 2015-09-11 8:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi All,

I am new to this site, but I think I have come to the right place for my question! I have an HP Jornada 680 that i really haven't done anything much with. I am wondering how I might go about connecting this to modern wifi? Can anyone please help me out? I'm not really sure what pc card/ or compact flash card or what i need to get to make it work with wifi.

Thanks in advance!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-09-11 8:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Handheld PC Professional

The 680 runs Handheld PC Professional Edition, based on Windows CE 2.11, so you'll need a WiFi card that will work with that version of Windows CE. There are lots of cards that will work:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/hpchcl.asp

Of course, you'll have to install the Windows CE 2.11 driver for the card you choose. The driver can be downloaded from the HCL page for the specific card you choose.

However, all of the CE 2.11-compatible cards only support Wireless-B (802.11b), so you have to make sure that your WiFi router is set to transmit B (or combined B and G, or combined B/G/N) mode.

Bear in mind that an older device like the 680 can't handle a lot of current Web pages, particularly those that have lots of graphics or Macromedia Flash content (like videos or ads). Some will have mobile versions that you may be automatically redirected to, so that may help a bit.
 Top of the page
mandierae24 Page Icon Posted 2015-09-12 3:53 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks so much for the info!!! I love the Jornada, I just want to email on it mostly so that should be good enough!!
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9