x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sync J720 on windows 10 - yes you can

fantablium Page Icon Posted 2015-10-05 6:57 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

First of all you will need some 3rd party software to make this work I bought 'The Great Handheld PC Software & Resource CD' from Usedhandhelds.

For word compatability you can either make all the word documents RTF or I am using Textmaker (from the CD) compatible with 2007 so doesn't support docx format
For Exel compatability I'm using Planmaker (from the CD) there may be an alternative.
For FULL PIM synchronisation I'm using Pocket On-Schedule (from the CD) I couldn't get the CE PIM to sync

I'm using windows 10 32bit so it may not work under 64bit

You need to get win10 to install 'windows mobile device centre' - Windows does this when a suitable device is attached, sadly the J720 is NOT a suitable device!
To do this I have a 2003SE PPC which I connected over USB and after a few attempts the device centre was installed. I had to sync the PPC before I could get the device centre to recognise the J720.

Once connected it was possible to transfer and sync files but there was no ability to convert the native documents hence the need to use RTF format and/or Textmaker and Planmaker.

For the PIM to sync you need to install Pocket On-Schedule while the J720 is connected. Then once installed you will get lots of connection errors while trying to sync. You now need to disconnect the J720 go into settings and add Pocket On-Schedule to the firewall exceptions list. Restart the Mobile Device Centre in Administrator mode and reconnect the J720. Change the settings in Pocket On-Schedule and hey presto FULL PIM synchronisation with month view and note sync with outlook!

Perhaps someone knows a better way or a hack to make the native PIM sync...

Edited by fantablium 2015-10-05 6:58 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-10-05 7:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thanx for the info. That's good news for us CE device diehards.

I'm assuming you have Outlook installed on the Windows 10 PC, since there has to be a PIM client on the PC to sync with.
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2015-10-07 7:47 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Yeah I have outlook 2007 installed on the PC and I'm using pocket On-scheduled on the J720. Pocket On-Schedule has a lot of extra features compared to the built in PIM which is an extra bonus.
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2015-10-09 6:28 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

OK I cannot explain why but today when I connected my J720 using Windows Mobile Device Centre it gave me the option to sync Outlook with the NATIVE PIM!

I tried it and it seems to work well. So you DON'T need Pocket On-Schedule to sync with Outlook!
 Top of the page
MrBlueskies Page Icon Posted 2017-08-01 11:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've just managed to connect to Jornada 720 to my Dell Latitude E6400 using the serial cable and a Dell Docking station. I'm running Windows 10 on the Dell, with WMDC 6.1 (32-bit). I previously tried connecting via USB, but it wouldn't see the device, but now that I set the connection to COM1, it works a treat. I haven't yet tried to connect via USB since, but if I do, and it works, I'll post the details in a reply

Edited by MrBlueskies 2017-08-01 11:31 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9