x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MS PocketWord for MIPS

SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-04-30 1:37 PM
#
HI!
I am currently transforming a set top box with CE 5.0 MIPS to an office computer; therefore I need a proper word processor. I have tried extracting PocketWord from an old ROM image, but that didn't work, it just showed the hourglass symbol for a split second. Does anybody know how to solve that? Maybe hex editing?
I really appreciate any answers
Thanks!

Edited by SwizzleDude 2016-04-30 2:26 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-04-30 2:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Haven't seen a MIPS version of Pocket Office that works yet.

However, you can download the trial version of Textmaker for MIPS from the download center...it is time limited to like a month, but then you can reinstall it again and again I believe...
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-04-30 5:03 PM
#
Thanks; I never knew that there was a MIPS version! A useful thing about non-persistent devices is that you can use trial software forever
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-05-01 6:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

LOL

I assume you extracted office.dll as well. If so, you might still need the same registry keys found in cmonex' H/PC Pocket Office pack for ARM to get it to work (since clearly the registry keys aren't processor-specific). Can you upload it somewhere so one of us (actually probably me since I'm the only other one I know of here with a CE 5 MIPS device ) can check it out?
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-05-01 3:45 PM
#
Do you mean the Pocket Word files I extracted from that ROM image? Here you go http://www.mediafire.com/download/9fx1ycqqqr5y8d4/PWORD_MIPS.zip
I'm just having a little trouble importing those .reg files; do you know of a MIPS registry editor with that function?

Edited by SwizzleDude 2016-05-01 3:45 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-05-02 6:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You can get Tascal Registry Editor here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/details.asp?id=28

However, I recalled incorrectly that the keys affected Pocket Word, having posted from memory before checking the package itself. (Note to self: CE Geek needs more RAM.) I tried the package in my Viliv X5, and it wouldn't open there. (Not even a brief hourglass.) Checking the files in a hexeditor didn't reveal any dependencies other than ole32.dll, commctrl.dll, and commdlg.dll, all of which are present on the X5. But when I tried it in my other MIPS CE 5 device (Cowon P5), it opened immediately. So I checked the two device's registries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft, and found that both devices had a subkey Pocket Word, while only the Cowon had another subkey called Office. Also, when I looked inside the Pocket Word subkey on both devices, I saw that the Cowon had a bunch of entries there that were not present within the same subkey on the the Viliv. So I copied both subkeys from the Cowon using Total Commander, and then copied both to the Viliv's registry (after copying the Viliv's original version of the Pocket Word key into another folder on the USB flash drive that I used to transfer the files, as a backup in case the change didn't work), and - voila! - Pocket Word opened on the Viliv.

So here are both registry keys for you to try. However, you must use Total Commander to copy these into your device's registry, because the .reg files exported in Total Commander are incompatible with those from a regular registry editor like TRE (and vice versa).

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Office.reg (0KB - 8 downloads)
Attachments Pocket Word.reg (5KB - 8 downloads)
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-05-02 1:35 PM
#
Thank yo so much I hardcoded those registry values into ROM now.
I really love this forum
 Top of the page
belancieri Page Icon Posted 2023-02-17 1:51 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

would someone have an editor or msword for win ce 5 mips?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-17 4:13 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Install this first (runtime)
Use file name VBCE-2.Full.HPC2000.mips.cab
From here

https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1982/Microsoft_Corporation/Visual_Basi...

Then this after (but check screenshots first to see if it does what you want it to do)

https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/9/MobileCubed/HPC_Notepad/version_1.01
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10