x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2018-03-21 2:40 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Looks like the XSL has serial ports. They look like they might accommodate NEC serial cables. Am I right?
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2018-03-22 6:45 AM
#
H/PC Elder

stingraze - 2018-03-20 7:31 PM

I was using Sigmarion 3 quite a bit for writing until a while ago, but I now (temporarily) switched to au IS01. The Sigmarion 3 has a much better keyboard for fast typing, but the fact that I can connect to my servers via ssh is good for me. The Windows CE .NET 4.1 ssh tools are either too expensive or non existent...

I've used LifeTouch Note by NEC running Android 2.2 in the past, but that was a little too big for me, and the build quality was of less quality than Sigmarion 3. Maybe I'll use Sigmarion 3 again once I charge it up.

I think someday soon I'd like to buy a Jornada 720 as I keep saying but can't execute.

Are there not useable SSH software out there that will run on Sig3 without costing?
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2018-03-22 6:48 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Edit

Edited by mr-mac 2018-03-22 6:49 AM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2018-03-22 7:04 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Rich Hawley - 2018-03-20 10:25 PM

So in my ongoing eBay search the other day I see some retired Skeye Pad XSLs for sale. Untested. But for the prices I figure what the heck. So I picked up a couple.

1. Has a busted screen, no battery, but for $5 I figure maybe I can use the old screen from my CE.NET 4.2 Skeye Pad. But the shipping is another $12. So I contacted the seller and he agreed to combine the shipping if I bought a second which made it a total cost of $9.

2. The other Skeye Pad looked okay and came with a battery. Anyways I got them today. When I plugged it into my a/c adapter...nothing, nada...then I remembered...with my old Skeye Pad I had to hit the reset button and wait. So I gave that a shot. Reset it using the pinhole while holding down the power, or whatever...anyways, it came to life and works perfectly. This one was selling for $10 + $12 shipping.

So anyways for $31 I now have another pair of Skeye Pads, only these are CE5 which support all the wifi WPA security that CE.NET doesn't. Have no idea if the battery is going to charge or not. Have no idea what the heck I am going to do with them either. Otherwise they are pretty much identical...except the CE.NET one is blue and these are gray. Pictures below...

Rugged 4x4 car pc... Music, good satnav, could even hook up a serial OBDII adapter to the serial port on back and download some CE OBD diagnostic software.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-03-22 7:05 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

>about ssh client on sig3:

I probably need pocketputty to work on sig3 with redgear for free ssh client use.

Edited by stingraze 2018-03-22 7:07 AM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2018-03-22 7:35 AM
#
H/PC Elder

stingraze - 2018-03-22 7:05 AM

I probably need pocketputty to work on sig3 with redgear for free ssh client use.

Thought current redgear froze sig3?

Will test a few as i could do with tty as well.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2018-03-22 1:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Check out this little pocket size Banana Pi Zero with WiFi/BT, USB, 5" Display, backlit keyboard....

Similar size to Pyra and Pandora, but thinner....runs Debian or Ubuntu based on images from Armbian.com

I ordered one from Chris, the maker of them.

https://youtu.be/TDwPJMnupQ8

https://www.instagram.com/puterpi/

Think I'll have it next week....

The maker, Chris has been great to deal with.

I'd post images of progress photos, but don't have way to do it right now...can check his instagram page for photos...

Edited by ArchiMark 2018-03-22 1:46 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2018-03-22 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Want a better keyboard than that and tbh 5" is useable bit no comfortable. Would rather a 6 or 7" letterbox screen if i could find one.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-03-22 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

mr-mac - 2018-03-22 4:35 PM

stingraze - 2018-03-22 7:05 AM

Thought current redgear froze sig3?

Will test a few as i could do with tty as well.

Yeah, I think it does, I think I trieed once without avail.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2018-03-23 12:27 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Will let you know if get anything working
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-03-23 2:22 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks! Greatly appreciated. I think I will be charging up Sigmarion 3 and doing some "research" about this device.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2018-03-23 7:53 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Only wish i could find the hidden menu to see what it is. Cmonex said to me years ago there was a boot type menu she'd seen in the rom code years ago. Like a keypress combo on reset that accessed it. But she couldn't remember keypress and i tried every single key on keyboard so must be a combo maybe.

Would also love to actually find one of guys who actually developed the units cos sure the rom is flash based so with right tool you'd hope could actually take a CE 4.2 rom if we could build one.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-03-23 8:14 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yes, that would be great... I probably have to use a lot of searching lost Japanese websites to go there.

I remember there was a thread here talking about the email address of the person who made Sigmarion 3. haha
btw, I found something hidden in my Sony Tablet P, which is what I sometimes use and has Android 4.0. I'll post a pic of the screenshot later on. It said "Lucky". Not sure what it was. Easteregg perhaps?

Edited by stingraze 2018-03-23 8:14 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-03-25 2:59 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Here's the screenshot that said "Lucky!" for some reason in Japanese. It's in the search bar on top left.

I'm not sure what I pressed.

Edited by stingraze 2018-03-25 3:00 AM

(Sony-Tablet-P-lucky.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Sony-Tablet-P-lucky.jpg (77KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-08-01 11:41 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

So, I was looking online, and they seem to have a newer 7 inch mini laptop called One-Netbook One Mix.
Made by ONE-NETBOOK Technology.

One Mix spec:

CPU: Atom x5-Z8350
RAM: 8GB
SSD: 128GB

https://www.xiaomitoday.com/one-netbook-one-mix-pocket-laptop-transf... (English site)
https://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/column/hothot/1135574.html (Japanese site, better actual images of the device + comparison with GPD Pocket)

Top of the page
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 10