x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jake Page Icon Posted 2017-03-19 2:10 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Or buy both

Jake
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-03-19 6:37 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I really want to back the GEMINI, looks so cool...

By the way, I found something some of us here might like.
Windows 98 running on a Raspberry Pi Watch...

https://314reactor.com/2017/03/01/windows-98-wrist-watch/
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/classic-windows-on-a-35-computer-how-to-fire-up-windows-3-1-95-98-and-xp-on-your-raspberry-pi/

Edited by stingraze 2017-03-19 6:38 AM
 Top of the page
wyrm Page Icon Posted 2017-03-19 7:07 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

To me, the Pyra and GPD are no match for the Gemini. The reasons are the Keyboard that looks a lot more comfortably than the GPD and (for sure) the Pyra, No fan, the replaceable battery and mostly the lack of game controls. I'm looking for a device that I can use for business and pleasure, and a gaming device doesn't really look as professional as the Gemini. Furthermore the screensize isn't really as much as a dealbreaker for me. 5.6" is bigger than the screensize of my mobile, and thats big enough for me. I also like the fact that it's really pocketable.

My only concern is that it's on Indiegogo. I don't know what the risks are. What happens if it just remains a concept and it will never be sold? Will I get a refund or did I lose my money in that case? Any experience?

Edit: The win 98 watch is the coolest thing I have seen for a long time. Not very useful, but cool as hell!

Edited by wyrm 2017-03-19 7:10 AM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2017-03-19 11:54 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I wonder if the watch still has the shutdown problems of Win98. Dick Tracy would be totally cool with this watch.

Jake
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2017-03-20 2:53 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

wyrm - 2017-03-18 11:07 PM

To me, the Pyra and GPD are no match for the Gemini. The reasons are the Keyboard that looks a lot more comfortably than the GPD and (for sure) the Pyra, No fan, the replaceable battery and mostly the lack of game controls. I'm looking for a device that I can use for business and pleasure, and a gaming device doesn't really look as professional as the Gemini. Furthermore the screensize isn't really as much as a dealbreaker for me. 5.6" is bigger than the screensize of my mobile, and thats big enough for me. I also like the fact that it's really pocketable.

My only concern is that it's on Indiegogo. I don't know what the risks are. What happens if it just remains a concept and it will never be sold? Will I get a refund or did I lose my money in that case? Any experience?

Edit: The win 98 watch is the coolest thing I have seen for a long time. Not very useful, but cool as hell!

* Know this won't change your opinion, but for accuracy sake, the Pyra has a large capacity user-replaceable battery.

* As for Indiego, risks depends upon what funding approach the developers select. There's Fixed and Flexible type funding methods.

- Fixed Funding means there's a specific funding goal that must be met.

- Flexible Funding means developer keeps all the money raised.

HTH,

Mark
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2017-03-20 10:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I backed a project on Indiegogo once, but the project owner changed its goal dramatically, so I decided to get a refund. It went very smoothly. I think it was flexible funding.

Top of the page
wyrm Page Icon Posted 2017-07-17 8:32 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I don't know if this was discussed before, but I thought is was worth sharing.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/kspro-8-2-umpc-ultra-mobile-pc-with-windows-10-computer#/
http://www.khironsigma.com/

Another small and nice umpc. A promising concept, Android and Windows 10 versions will be available. I allready have pre-ordered the Gemini, so I guess I will pass on this. With a heavy heart

EDIT: Looks like the target is not met and it remains a concept.

Hello everyone, I'm very sorry we did not reach our target, I have learnt a lot through this process, and will making some amendments and re-launching the campaign soon. Your support has been so valuable and we appreciate all the assistance offered by contributors and fans alike. This is just the start of the KSPRO, not the end

Edited by wyrm 2017-07-17 8:46 AM
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2017-07-17 1:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Received my GPD Pocket about 3 weeks ago.

Looks and works great!

Here's a few pics alongside my GPD WIN....

Mark

(P1090059-GPD-WIN-Pocket-Closed.JPG)

(P1090060-GPD-WIN-Pocket-Open.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1090059-GPD-WIN-Pocket-Closed.JPG (94KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments P1090060-GPD-WIN-Pocket-Open.JPG (59KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2017-07-17 4:04 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Nice! The Pocket looks so cool. I love how clean it is when closed....just a perfect slab of silver. Let us know your impressions of it once you put it through its paces.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2017-07-17 10:07 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Fantastic, Mark. Congratulations.

Jake
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2017-07-18 4:55 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

PDXMark - 2017-07-17 8:04 AM

Nice! The Pocket looks so cool. I love how clean it is when closed....just a perfect slab of silver. Let us know your impressions of it once you put it through its paces.

Thank you.

Best way to describe the Pocket is that every time I see it I think my MacBook Pro shrunk. It is that good of a facsimile. Just missing the Apple logo on the lid.

Performance is great to me, browsing, video, etc, all work well.

Display is very sharp and color is very good to my ol' eyes.

btw, I have similar comments about the GPD WIN performance. Only issue for me is that with the gaming controls present, it substantially reduces the keyboard key size. Otherwise, love the WIN as it literally fits in my pants pocket. Which the Pocket won't do, but will fit in a coat pocket.

Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2017-07-18 4:56 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Jake - 2017-07-17 2:07 PM

Fantastic, Mark. Congratulations.

Jake

Thank you for the good words, Jake!

Mark
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-07-18 2:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It is a sweet looking thing for sure...if it only was instant on...
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2017-07-19 5:26 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Thanks, while it's not literally instant on, it's pretty close, both the WIN and Pocket boot up very fast.

Top of the page
wyrm Page Icon Posted 2017-07-19 10:35 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Nice! Thanks for the update. It seems to me the handheld pc factor is going through a revival. Who would have thought....?
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 11