x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

C/C++ compiler on PPC/HPC

Ales Dlabac
Ales Dlabac Page Icon Posted 2004-11-07 5:04 PM
#

Nothing new but if you are interested you can get more info about this here:

http://mifki.ru/pocketgcc/

and

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pocketgcc/messages

This project is actually stopped but it works and you can get compiled exe files right on your handhels!

Check it out and develop some nice proggies
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-07 5:21 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Excellent. Now we can port code.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2004-11-08 4:38 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

By all accounts, you'll be best off looking for the port by Alexander M if you want to run GCC on your HPC.

http://mamaich.kasone.com/

The PocketGCC version does not run on HPCs - or at least, it didn't when I tried it.

If you want to develop something from scratch, I'd really recommend using Embedded Visual C++ 3. For starters, it's something that more people use.

Part of me still would like to get GCC running on the HPC, if only to try and compile PocketUAE ;-)

Cheers,
Nick.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-21 2:50 PM
#
H/PC Elder

There is already a development system for hpc's that can be downloaded from microsoft's website: the hpc 2000 sdk (or for older verions too). For the pc, microsoft's embedded visual tools can also be downloaded, and apparantly comes with an emulator too. So I think we have all that we need to start.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-21 3:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can get the MS stuff from link here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/developer/

I recommend using the original release of eVT3 as the 2002 refresh release doesn't work with the HPC Pro SDK - and that's where the emulator is.

The is No HPC2000 emulator.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2004-11-21 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I think you're missing the point here - this is a port of development tools that actually *run on the HPC*, so do not need a host system.

Sure, EVT 2002 is great on a PC, but for independent development (and support for a full GNU toolset) it's worth looking at these.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-23 1:02 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Since my 512mb card that I ordered on ebay never came (ugh) I don't know if the hpc2000 sdk is a development system or a runtime. Would anyone care to tell me? I wouldn't mind coding on the tiny keyboard of my jornada.

-Just a random announcement, because of http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial , I am learning c++. That site is as good as a book, I would highly recommend it to anyone in this forum that wants to start coding.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2004-11-23 3:42 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

The HPC SDKs are "plug-ins" for Embedded Visual Tools 3. You need EVT, and also the SDKs.

They run on your host PC, not your handheld. If you do want to program on your handheld, there's a few options such as Pocket C, or the GCC port from Maimich.

I admire your bravura in saying that you'll learn C++ in a few days. It's a bit like chess: easy to learn the rules, but it takes a lifetime to master

If you're wondering to go down the MFC route, or to stick with the APIs, I'd personally counsel going for the APIs and avoiding MFC. Programs are more efficient if you're using APIs (performance wise, not necessarily size-wise), and are a *lot* easier to debug unless you understand exactly how MFC achieves what it does.

Cheers,
Nick.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-27 5:21 AM
#
H/PC Elder

If we're going to get anywhere these conversations have to keep moving... Anyways, If this is going to get started we should choose now which way we want to go, api's or gcc. A hard choice really, it depends how we want the web browser to work. (If we are still talking about the web browser that is)-What is this? Is this my 100th post?! I will remember this very moment at 2:19 am on Saturday October 27 the day my Jornada 720 dies! (If it ever does, that is)
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-03-10 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

So where is this thread now?

Are there any development tools availiable that actually RUN on a HPC, besides NS/Basic?

I managed to get pgcc to work on my nec, and compiled the example with success, but other then that, I need a gui to actually develop something (sorry chris, I'm not a notepad-programmer)

Any idea's?

If someone has an idea on how to port DELPHI code to winCE, I'd be in heaven.
(then notepad wouldnt be such an issue either)
 Top of the page
www.kozubsoftware.tk
www.kozubsoftware.tk Page Icon Posted 2005-05-01 11:47 PM
#
Hello,
Has anybody compiled Pocket GCC for MIPS?

Thanks,
P. Kozub
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 8:50 AM
#
H/PC Elder

gee ... just what I was thinking about as side-project the other day ... gcc on HPC will make the device totally PC independent ...

... though for now, with the crappy IE and less than stellar specs, or available HPCs in the market, I will settle for HPC as a companion for my m300 notebook.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-05-19 6:57 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Has anyone got this working? I have tried in a limted manner (about 2 hours) and still failed to get it working...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-19 11:28 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snappy! - 2005-05-02 2:50 PM

gee ... just what I was thinking about as side-project the other day ... gcc on HPC will make the device totally PC independent ...

... though for now, with the crappy IE and less than stellar specs, or available HPCs in the market, I will settle for HPC as a companion for my m300 notebook.

hahaha 728 isn't a companion to my notebook... my toshiba rarely gets used..
crappy IE .. may be true, but there are solutions/workarounds for that

to be more relevant.. i'd really like to learn c++ programming on my 728!
so if someone helps me installing this compiler.. (though i haven't even tried it yet) i'd be grateful
 Top of the page
nexthpc Page Icon Posted 2009-08-28 7:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, developers out there. You will be all glad to hear this.... Since I'm also interested in gcc runing in my j720, doing some research I got into mamaich´s currently available website:

mamaich's website

It looks like mamaich's work at this website stopped at 2006 and focused in WM5.0. But there are contents from his old site with all the GCC for ARM work (until 23-nov-2004)

This has some additions to the package we all know from damnsoft website: All the source code for the GNU compliler collection available for download and some updates.

And the best news: mamaich's e-mail
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10