x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Opera vs Taskbar

SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-07-02 1:00 PM
#
Whenever Opera Mini is run, its menu bar is overlayed by the Windows taskbar (a common issue )
One could just uncheck Start\Settings\Taskbar and Start menu\Always on top, but for lazy individuals like me, it's too much work. . .
Is there a way of forcing the Opera Mini taskbar to be on top of the Windows taskbar? I have tried to solve this with Mortscript, but it didn't really work out well. . .
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-07-02 4:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If you figure out a way, be sure to tell me!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2016-07-02 4:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Technically, with some persistence and depending upon how it is written you could hex edit the call to create the winmain handle so that instead of rendering full screen it renders as a fixed size window, by specifying the window size for your device, you could nudge it up a but to see if it forced the menu clear of the task bar. It would be an exercise in abject pain though.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-07-06 9:16 PM
#
I am only a scripter, not a real programmer, so I'm afraid to say that that's a little over my head. . .
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-07-10 9:33 PM
#
I thought of something different, a MortScipt, thatt serves as a shortcut for Opera. Upon launch, it runs a small exe file, that toggles the taskbar, the same upon close.
I haven't looked into MSCR yet, but am willing to learn
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.109 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 27