x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Igo-8, 7"gps system with ce_6 and explorer. can it connect to wifi?

womblies Page Icon Posted 2016-08-21 10:45 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have just purchased a new GPS from China, and it all seems to function fine, except the IE programme only seems to support a dial up modem.. My question is, can It connect to the internet through usb connection to a computer, or by wifi. It does non have bluetooth.
The user manual is very entertaining,but of little use.

If you have any Ideas, please answer in non geekspeak, as I am a CE virgin. Thanks
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-08-21 12:49 PM
#
Of course you can (I'm writing this text from my own GPS )
I seriously recommend buying an SDIO* Wifi card to browse the web, mine cost about 30 Euro, which is very cheap. I recommend the Spectec SDW 821, not sure about the 820. I can send you all the files you need to get it runng after you've bought it I also recommend getting the web browser Opera Mini, it's fast'n'stable!

*An SDIO card looks like an SD memory card and goes into the same slot, but serves as an expansion card

If you have any questions about WinCE, just ask!

Edited by SwizzleDude 2016-08-21 12:53 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-08-21 9:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's only an option if womblies' GPS has a full SD slot. Most of the ones I've seen (including the ones I've picked up) have TF (microSD) slots, and I'm not aware of any microSD WiFi adapters.

Some of these devices have Bluetooth, but most don't. The only way to know if yours has it is to open "Bluetooth Device Properties" in the Control Panel, and tap "Scan Device." If there's no Bluetooth receiver in the device, you'll get an error message that says "controller not present."

It's always possible to browse the Web through a USB ActiveSync connection, but of course that defeats the purpose of browsing on the GPS versus on the PC it's connected to.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-08-21 9:36 PM
#
CE Geek - 2016-08-21 9:10 PM

That's only an option if womblies' GPS has a full SD slot. Most of the ones I've seen (including the ones I've picked up) have TF (microSD) slots, and I'm not aware of any microSD WiFi adapters.

Damn, I totally forgot I hope he answers back and doesn't abandon this thread as many others do
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 28