x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Keyboard ribbon not going in

SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-10-17 12:00 PM
#
This is driving me insane!! I thought it was a good idea to disassemble my wm8505 Sylvania netbook to get out some dust. Now, as I'm reassembling it, I cant get the damn keyboard ribbon in! It's in this horrible angle.
Any advice? Please, I'm just about to run a car over the damn thing!

Edited by SwizzleDude 2016-10-17 12:03 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-10-18 12:24 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Trial and error and experience and luck...we've all been there. The MP900 keyboard ribbon is a bitch to get locked back into place as well...the MP7X0 series isn't much better...

Walk away...take a break...then come back to it...make sure you are putting the ribbon in the proper place...those connectors can be confusing...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2016-10-18 7:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've disassembled these lots of times, and it's fairly easy once you get used to the method. I trust you've already snapped the top cover of the lower half in place. Then you can reach the ribbon cable to the connector while the keyboard is facedown, so it's not in your way. The big problems happen when one or both of the plastic tabs on the connector clamp either pop out or break, preventing a secure hold of the cable in place.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2016-10-18 9:51 PM
#
Thanks for the help guys. Literally minutes from hurling it through the room out the window, I clipped off the keyboard and it was accessible.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8