x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Psion Netbook Pro SD Card Driver

devanny Page Icon Posted 2016-11-08 4:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a Psion Netbook Pro running windows CE.net 4.20. The SD card reader does not work. Windows CE indicates the driver for it is not installed. Any idea what SD card reader this device has and where I could get a driver for it. I'm not sure I would know how to install it as I have never really used Windows CE 4.20 before. Thanks for any help someone can provide.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2016-11-08 7:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It won't read high capacity SDHC cards...only older SD cards...2Gb or smaller.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2016-11-08 9:30 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Well, there's a way around, at least I think will work even with 64GB microSDXC / SDXC.

First, get a SD to Compact Flash adapter.

Since you can't format microSDXC / SDXC to FAT32 by default on Windows OS, use Ridgecrop Consultants' fat32format GUI version to format the micro SDXC / SDXC. http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm (Click on the screenshot to download their site).

Then insert the microSDXC / SDXC to SD to Compact Flash adapter.

Lastly, insert it to the Netbook Pro's Compact Flash slot.

Note: This method has been tested only with Sigmarion 3, which is running Windows CE .NET 4.1, so please proceed with your own risk. (Especially when you format, don't format the wrong drive! )

Note2: There will be a 4GB file size limit, but I think you should be find since Windows CE doesn't have that much RAM to begin with....

Edited by stingraze 2016-11-08 9:36 PM
 Top of the page
devanny Page Icon Posted 2016-11-14 7:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you for the help. Once I put the correct SD card in it, it worked.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10