x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Yet Another 7" Computer

1 2 3 4
Jake Page Icon Posted 2017-02-18 12:03 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
@Duckworth: Hey, congrats on the purchase. Hope it provides as much fun as it has for me. A guy on xda says he'll make a rooted ROM for our exact machines; I'll keep you posted.

As for Google spying, I'm much more cynical than you are. I believe that any browser you use, any phone call you make, any message you send is monitored 24-7 by malevolent strangers. My credit card has been hacked three times in the past two years and I simply choose to have a bank that doesn't blink at this and will give me back all the stolen money. I'm happily married, have sex with only my wife, so my privacy is already an open book. I don't write any email, send any text, make any forum comment that I wouldn't say to someone's face.

If you're willing to lead my kind of life, you'd be surprised how private it turns out to be, regardless of the browser

Jake
 Top of the page
Duckworth Page Icon Posted 2017-02-26 3:44 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

After having used my tablet for a little while, I figured I would check in which my thoughts for those who read this thread earlier.

Pros
--------
* It is definitely pocketable for most pants that I wear
* Keyboard is quite nice. I used the recommended External Keyboard Helper app to remap the semicolon key to apostrophe and have no complaints about it
* I can do most things I would want on a mobile device on Android. It's not as productive as my Viliv N5 running Linux but it's several orders of magnitude better than using a smartphone. You can definitely do more with Android than you can win Windows CE.

Cons
---------
* The battery capacity isn't that great. I'd say it lasts about 5 hours but I haven't really tested it. It definitely lasts longer in airplane mode when the sync stuff is disabled.
* It has only 1GB of RAM so most of the time you can only keep two apps in memory at a time. That makes switching annoying at times.
* The display is a bit washed out but I can't really complain given how cheap this tablet is.

Has anyone on here ever tried using an iPad Mini with a keyboard?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2017-02-26 2:33 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I think your assessment is a fair one and it's especially noteworthy that your battery findings match mine. Don't know if you have a Minigorilla, but their extensive assortment of adapters fit many of my handhelds and with the standard usb mini charging of the Pro, you can plug in with a 6" cable and have the machine up for hours and hours.

Still no ROM, so no usb modem. If I could safely root, the Pro would prolly be my official travel machine given the netflix downloads and the minigorilla compatibility. As of now, I travel with my Asus T100TA.

Jake
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9