x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

be300.org is dead :(

« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »
ionbladez Page Icon Posted 2020-12-18 12:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Not sure if you still have that Intermec, but I'd buy it from you if you do.

That aside, it looks like there's a big amount of work to do to port over a forum that used 2009 software over to a modern linux installation (lol). I've got the DB stuff done, but PHP nowadays doesn't support mysql directly. Lots of updates to do indeed! This shall be interesting.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2020-12-18 8:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I still have it, but I really don't want to part with it. I think you can understand that. It's a piece of computing history. A few CE devices I have multiples of, but I only have one 6651.
 Top of the page
ionbladez Page Icon Posted 2020-12-18 6:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Right on. I thought I had the database work "figured out", but turns out getting it imported and converted properly to a modern forum has been a kick in the balls! I've been working on it for hours and will get it figured out. I've also tried to PM mutantcheese some weeks back asking for the backup before I asked you [CE Geek], with no response.

Will report back when I figure this mess out. Trying to get 11 year old software "converted" is real fun (^:
 Top of the page
ionbladez Page Icon Posted 2020-12-20 7:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Great news! The B.A.S forum is live again!
It took 3 days of sifting through PHP code and MySQL queries to get the 11+ year old software "working" good enough for me to run an upgrade.
I had to build old PHP releases (5, then 7) to get everything to run, then upgraded the forum software piece by piece using the old PHP builds.

The MySQL database was 4.8GB by itself. 99.9% of that was in the error log table. I flushed that out and I was left with a chunky size of 30 something megabytes. There's still much work to be done, as logins currently do NOT work (thanks SMF updates!).
This means some areas are still "off-limits" until I can get that working again...

The site theme may not be what it was, and I'm trying to figure that one out, but at least the forum and the attachments / uploads are all in place.

I had to sift through the posts and messages to update hyperlinks that pointed to be300.org -- and that was a doozy. I had to do a couple hundred by hand as search and replace didn't want to play nice with me.

Anyways, hope everyone can at least take a look and go through some history!

Check out the "new" site at: ------- BROKEN AGAIN -------

Edit: Please if any links aren't working, just send me a message on here. I spent a LOT of time fixing things and making sure they were good enough, and if for some reason something isn't, please LET ME KNOW! I ask for a personal message instead in order to not flood the thread.

Site is broken again after I fixed logins! Working on it!

Edited by ionbladez 2020-12-20 7:57 AM
 Top of the page
ionbladez Page Icon Posted 2020-12-20 8:11 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Site is back up! CE Geek, or another mod, can you please undo the strikethrough text? And append my link again please?

And add the link! I got logins working for all the old members!

https://be.i0n.org

I ALSO GOT THE THEME WORKING!

Edit again:: There are still many features that do not work. Registration is turned off. But feel free to let me know of what doesn't work for you, what browser you are using, etc.

Also to note: If someone has any interest in mirroring the files/uploads, let me know and I'll get a directory made for you to scrape.

Edited by ionbladez 2020-12-20 8:22 AM
 Top of the page
renrut Page Icon Posted 2020-12-20 11:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Wow, does it bring back fun memories. Great work getting it back up.
 Top of the page
ionbladez Page Icon Posted 2020-12-21 12:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

renrut - 2020-12-20 6:09 PM

Wow, does it bring back fun memories. Great work getting it back up.

Thanks a lot! Seen your post there, too, lol.

I tried sending a couple of PMs to Shane but no reply. Guess he's off doing his thing, no worries.

I have no problem at all keeping it up and running as I already have a few projects on this server.
 Top of the page
hpc:factor« View previous thread · Handheld PC General Discussion · View next thread »
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.132 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10
Server Time now is: Wednesday, 24 February 2021 - 18:29