x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

be300.org is dead :(

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next »
MutantCheese Page Icon Posted 2018-05-14 6:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

LOL Yeah but that's just too much work. Be glad I plugged it in and turned it on.

-MutantCheese
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2018-05-14 7:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C'mon, you mean you guys already forgot the shorter method to solve the 1899 problem? Just rename the \Backup folder in \Nand Disk to something else and then soft reset (and then rename it back and soft reset after deleting the newly created \Backup folder). Oh, wait, is that BeShell 0.9b8? As I recall, that was the one OE that ignored the \Backup folder during reboot. (The shortcut works in 0.9b5 and 0.9b7.) But 0.9b8 seems to retain the date after reset once corrected, at least based on my experience. (BTW, I've even had a few revert to 1850 after the battery ran down. )

I have at least half a dozen BE-300 cradles. (Several of the ones I've picked up came in their original boxes.) But the issue seems to be on the device end as I get the same result with all the cradles: the BE-500 and that one BE-300 won't connect, but all the other BE-300s will.

I haven't seen any backup.dat versions of EpodXP nor of XPod/eXpod (other than the Japanese version of eXpod 6.1 that I just mentioned above). They're all backup.bin versions. Anyway, those who know me here know I like to be able to sync PIM data onto my CE devices, which is impossible without the cradle.
 Top of the page
MutantCheese Page Icon Posted 2018-05-14 8:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

My BE is running BeShell, can't recall which version. I just turned it on after years of sitting on my shelf. It's now back on the shelf where it will likely stay for another several years.

-MutantCheese
 Top of the page
MINARD777 Page Icon Posted 2018-06-16 1:00 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! I am an old-school beshell and expod user. LOVE that I am getting to use Beshell again on both of my BE-300 devices.

Edited by MINARD777 2018-06-16 1:26 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2018-09-22 8:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I should've posted this a while ago, but I snared a second BE-500 cheap on Yahoo! Japan Auctions and got it here with the help of the same "anonymous" friend , and it connects and syncs fine. It's the black version, which is not the same as the BE-300 as the black cover is glossy. Pretty cool too. It took a lot of file clearing (and running the Casio PIMs from the Storage Card), but I was able to squeeze Pocket On-Schedule onto it and get it working without any extra steps. (The BE-500 has about 600 KB less space than the BE-300.)

Now, if I can just track down the cobalt blue version . . .
 Top of the page
Aaronaaudio Page Icon Posted 2018-09-22 1:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

wow mutantcheese your handle is etched into my mind and instantly recognized it...I begged for a handheld back in 2001 and was rewarded with a be300. i remember spending my days on the expod forums. trying sq, and being pissed that i couldn't find a pirated version of kcmenu. But very happy that i found a working version of simcity 2000...also Jetslalom! spent a crazy amount of time playing jetslalom.

thanks to you all. those were some of the best days of my early teenage years. im really sad to find that all the software i had accumulated is gone. its really crazy to look back and remember how the web once was.

Edited by Aaronaaudio 2018-09-22 1:16 PM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-09-26 3:59 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I got some "data" cache that might be of interest to some people.

PM me if you are interested...
P.S. depends if you can read awstats logs.

Edited by stingraze 2018-09-26 3:59 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2018-11-10 7:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I was poking around the Web looking into portable charging options for my electric vehicle, not doing anything BE-300-related, when I stumbled onto what the creator of EpodXP (CButters) is doing lately:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMb3lp0IfG6EXVngmYg77ng

It's the same guy - his real name (Cameron Butterfield) is given in both the old EpodXP pages and his current Web site:

http://www.exoid.com/

Wonder if he's still been in touch with our friends MutantCheese and renrut.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-11-10 11:48 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Good find, CE Geek!

I will look at it once I get my audio up.
 Top of the page
Tim Page Icon Posted 2019-03-29 2:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello all, just got my first BE-300 from a thrift store and has a password lock. It did not come with a dock or cd so I can not currently use it and as RLS89ZX asked and CE Geek gave them a link, I can't download it because I'm new here and not allowed yet. Thank you for any help that can be given.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-03-30 12:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That download didn't work anyway. Go to the archive page linked by stingraze in his first post on the previous page, and you'll find download links for a couple of BE-300 operating environments that can be installed from the CF card (ones with .dat as the file extension).

To anyone else still interested, I'll mention in passing that I also found one working download link for EpodXP 1.4 some time ago on an old site archived in the Wayback Machine. So the only OEs I haven't found still up (or archived) anywhere are EpodXP 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2b, and 1.3, all versions of EpodMX, and Bee 1.1 (the non-Cobalt version; Cobalt was a version of 1.1 and thus not the final version as I had previously stated in this thread). No one seems to have the "file" that turns a BE-500 into a BE-300 (and/or vice versa), though one can adapt any BE-300 OE to the BE-500's slightly smaller available ROM space by breaking it down and rebuilding it using WinImage:

https://www.winimage.com/download.htm
 Top of the page
PMBX Page Icon Posted 2019-05-23 9:08 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

HI all,

Just pulled my old BE-300 out of the closest and fired it up again.
Went looking for info and files as I wondered if I could upgrade, tweak it or restore to factory setting before selling it off. Reading the forum I began to realize that actually my current setup might be interesting for you all ?

(IMG_5864.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_5864.JPG (73KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-05-24 5:49 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

As mentioned earlier in this thread, there are Web pages where eXpod 6.1 can be downloaded. What remains elusive are English versions of its predecessors, XPod 4.0/4.1/5.1 or any version at all of EpodMX. I'd love to hear from someone who has that last one and can post images and describe the user experience with it. Each incarnation used a different file structure for built-in programs, and I'm curious whether the older ones were really inferior to the setup in eXpod 6.1.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-05-24 10:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2019-05-24 5:49 AM

As mentioned earlier in this thread, there are Web pages where eXpod 6.1 can be downloaded. What remains elusive are English versions of its predecessors, XPod 4.0/4.1/5.1 or any version at all of EpodMX. I'd love to hear from someone who has that last one and can post images and describe the user experience with it. Each incarnation used a different file structure for built-in programs, and I'm curious whether the older ones were really inferior to the setup in eXpod 6.1.

Do we need to start re-hosting things here?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-05-25 6:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

stingraze has them uploaded on one of his pages. The link is earlier in this thread.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.314 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 14