x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My PC is showing LOADING OS IMAGE

abrahamakin001 Page Icon Posted 2017-05-14 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Please i have issues with my Sylvania Pc which i bought some months back. i hard issues with the charging point after fixing it, it started prompting "Loading OS image" pls what does that mean and how can i get out of it.

Please any help is appreciated.

my email: <removed>

Thanks
Best Regards
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-05-15 3:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It means it's trying to load the operating system. It's normal for it to say that during the first few seconds after you turn it on, but sometimes after sitting unused for a long time it can't load the OS and gets stuck there. The solution is to reflash (re-install) the OS. We have a version of the Sylvania Windows CE 6 image here in H/PC:Update:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/update/aggregator.asp?cid=5

Once you download it, extract the ZIP file in the download. There's a folder inside called script. Copy that folder to an empty SD card. While the Sylvania netbook is turned off, place the SD card (facedown) in the slot on the left side of the netbook. Then turn on the netbook. The new OS will then be installed automatically. Once it finishes, you'll see a message saying "Upgrade completed! Please remove SD card before reboot." Remove the SD card from the slot, turn off the netbook, and then turn it on again. The netbook should now boot the new OS successfully.

NOTE: I've removed your e-mail address because we don't reply directly by e-mail, and leaving the e-mail address in the post attracts SPAM bots. Please refrain from entering e-mail addresses in your posts in the future. Thank you.
 Top of the page
SwizzleDude
SwizzleDude Page Icon Posted 2017-05-15 6:46 AM
#
On a side note, remember that it had to be an SD card (no larger than 2gb), not an SDHC
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-05-15 6:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Actually this is a symptom of the newest ransomware virus. The best way to resolve it is to send $17.48 plus 3 McDonald's gift certificates to CE Geek.

By the way, I am Prince Kufour Otumfuo the elder son of the late King Otumfuo Opoku ware II whose demise occur following a brief illness. Before the death of my father, King Otumfuo Opoku ware II, I was authorised and officially known as the next successor and beneficiary of my father's property according to African Traditional rite.

I have in the bank the funds amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. But doe the conflicts in the middle east, in order to access this trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since as royalty I am prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, I agree to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-05-16 7:25 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Don't bring me into it, Rich. (I'm not a particular fan of Mickey D's anyway.)

Needless to say (I hope), Rich is joking. (Or maybe just being careful, given the history of Internet scams coming out of the original poster's native country.)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-05-16 1:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Joke...joke...joke...
 Top of the page
topherkus Page Icon Posted 2020-06-15 4:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Although, you had some fun with this many years ago, this ended up working for me! Love this site!
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2020-06-15 5:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

topherkus - 2020-06-14 8:43 PM

Although, you had some fun with this many years ago, this ended up working for me! Love this site!

Me too, had to reference this post when the ebay purchase arrived two years ago. It arrived DOA, but was entirely recoverable by re-flashing the OS. Now I've been using it for a development environment creation hobby.

This weekend ran into a Wifi issue where it just would not associate to a known network. Toggle Wifi on/off, forget known network, and rebooting all failed me. Last resort was going to be a reflash of the OS to stock state. However, a web search found an upgraded Wifi driver. Found it on archive.org, but it turns out we even host it here! Should have checked here first
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-06-15 6:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

smb_gaiden - 2020-06-15 5:16 PM
However, a web search found an upgraded Wifi driver. Found it on archive.org, but it turns out we even host it here! Should have checked here first
Now we're even for me forgetting who you were http://www.wanderinghuman.com/
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2022-12-25 1:14 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey, the OS image resurrected my Sylvania netbook! Maybe I can actually test nPOPuk on CE5!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2022-12-26 12:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not on the Sylvania you can't. That's CE 6 you're looking at.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2022-12-26 1:40 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CE Geek - 2022-12-25 7:17 PM

Not on the Sylvania you can't. That's CE 6 you're looking at.

??
It worked fine. Why did you think it wouldn't? I had used a previous version of nPOPuk several years ago. You did see I had posted CE5 binaries, right? I suppose there might have been issues if I had tried to run the CE211 binaries that I first posted.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-26 1:59 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I think it’s a misunderstanding.
CE Geek I believe meant there is no CE 5.0 for the Sylvania netbooks

It wasn’t a comment about binary compatibility with Npopuk
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2022-12-27 12:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

torch has it right. When you say you want to "test nPOPuk on CE 5," I took it to mean you want to see how the app works in Windows CE 5.0. On the Sylvania, you'll be testing how it works in CE 6, which may or may not tell you how it works in CE 5 since there are some significant differences between the two versions of the OS.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 48 - Executed queries : 32