x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Galaxy Gear S2

Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2017-05-20 12:52 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I wanted to give a quick review of my Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 for Y'all. We bought this watch about 3 weeks ago refurbished on Amazon for $130. The first day the battery life was only 1 day. I know it was because I was playing around with it a lot. I quickly realized that the screen brightness was set too high as well. There is a heart rate monitor that was constantly taking my heart rate. With the adjustments I am happy to say that I now get over three days per charge.

I went with the Samsung because of the additional functions it offered for the price point compared to the competition. There is no way I would have bought this at the full price! That being said, I really like this watch.

The watch has a really reliable pedometer, a heart rate monitor, receiving texts/email/phone call notifications on it with the ability to respond. A reminder to be more active if you want. The ability to check the weather, news, sports scores (if you choose), and many other things.

Over all for $130 I am really satisfied with this watch! I have been increasing my activity and averaging well over 10,000 steps a day.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2017-05-20 8:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Cool, Im sporting Pebble Time, & have a zenwatch 2 but i'm selling it because i very rarely use it compared to the pebble, i really like the colored epaper very easy to see and energy efficient compared to the various aoled types and not bland like the normal epaper.....

Edited by thcrw739 2017-05-20 8:48 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-05-20 8:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Very cool. I love cool watches as you can tell by all the posts I have made about my watches. My favorite was the Swatch because Pattie could send me a rext message from her pc and I would get it a few seconds later. No need for cellular service at all. When Microsoft terminated the service I was heartbroken.

My Palm wristwatch was cool, but felt like a ton of lead on my wrist...and it had to be charged daily too.

My MP3 watch was light, played music nicely, but the ebook reader and movie pkayer sucked on the tiny screen.

I still have my Casio PC Unite. It hold a lot of data for easy retrival and lasts over a year or two on the coin battery, but is not in the same class as what you bought.

I've been thinking about an Android watch for a while now, but I really hate having ti charge those things. Why can't they build them with a tiny nuclear battery?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10