x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Will a MobilePro 770 battery fit other devices?

TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2017-08-04 10:28 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Okay, so I saw on ebay this awesome battery Addon for the NEC MobilePro 770 and was wondering if it would fit a MP 790 or 780. Does anyone here know? It would be awesome to have a "modern" H/PC powered by double A batteries. Are there any other models with battery addon packs like this?

NEC MobilePro770 AA 6v 3.6w Battery Adapter New MC-BA10
eBay auction: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=331649964806&alt=web
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2017-08-05 6:45 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I believe that's the one I have, and while I have a bunch of 780s and 790s (and some hybrids thanx to some ROM swapping), I have never had a 770. I think the outer hardware is the same. (Not a bad price for that one. )
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2017-08-05 4:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That AA battery adapter fits the 770, 780, and 790 and their Mobilegear counterparts. If you have a 900, and an old battery, it is easy to adapt it to become a removable battery using external rechargeable cells. And I posted a long time ago my 800/880 AAA battery mod. Thing is you have to make a few registry changes to avoid the low battery warnings/shutdowns. My experience however is with wifi, you are only going to get a couple of hours on new batteries. Still in a pinch, that'll get you through.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=13583&po...
 Top of the page
marcofici@yahoo.com Page Icon Posted 2020-02-02 6:45 PM
#
Avatar image of marcofici@yahoo.com
H/PC Newbie

I beg perdon: I wrote the same question in a too old chat. I'm very interested in this attempt to become indipendent from battery suppliers (to whom anyway I'm very grateful for their work without wich we could neither use some devices. I'll do an attempt to create a battery adaptor for Nec mobilepro 900c starting from MC-BA10 supplier. But I've a great doubt: the voltage I read upon an OP-MP9-BATTERY for Nec 900c is 7,48v ; and I can arrive only at a voltage of 7,20 (the one good for nec 770, 780 and 790 if we consider MC-BA9 battery).
My question is: don't I risk to damage my device if I supply it with a lower voltage?

Thanks, Marco Fici
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2020-02-03 1:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Using a battery in the 900/900C that has lower voltage results in the device not powering on and other problems. Problems like unstoppable crashing or shutdown.

I've had faulty batteries that would last 30 seconds before dropping voltage and then causing the Mobilepro to crash. Also the AA adapter for the 770/780/790 is physically different in both size and electrical connection.

It is far easier to just use a 12V external battery plugged into the a/c adapter jack.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9