x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Happy New Years!

HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2017-12-31 7:19 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hope you all will have a good one.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-01-01 7:06 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Happy New Year from Japan!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-01-01 8:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

And to one and all, from the UK
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2018-01-01 2:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'm sad...I'll never live to see another year that ends in 17 again in my lifetime...may not see 2019? 2020...who knows? The next major asteroid near Earth collision doesn't occur until September 1st, 2020...so we have time yet. BTW, as of today, my 2016 resolution to not make any resolutions in 2017 came true. First time in my life I kept a resolution!
 Top of the page
Dave Wurm Page Icon Posted 2018-01-01 7:16 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Yes... Happy New Year to all !

After reflecting on Rich's comments, the following Bible verses came to mind...

James 4:14 ...Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD,
and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth,
and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void,
but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the things whereto I sent it.

So, with those words in mind, can there be a better New Year's resolution than to give serious attention to God's Word?
To that end, let me heartily recommend two websites...

ttb.twr.org - 'Thru the Bible Radio' is my favorite radio program. You can find a local station, or download the app, or listen online (in about 100 languages).

www.thebookwurm.com - This is my own site, which includes the Bible, with resources and studies for better understanding.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2018-01-02 8:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

James 4:14 says it all...thugh my wife would probably describe me more as a "fart" rather than vapour...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2018-01-03 4:11 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

HPC:Fan - 2017-12-31 11:19 AM

Hope you all will have a good one.

Then the thread title wouldn't need to be plural.

I've concluded that years are just numbers, and 1 January is just another day. (You have to come to such conclusions when you're old like me. ) Things have been pretty crazy in the world the past twelve months, and I expect the next twelve to be a pretty wild ride too.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9