x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

smartbook g138 reboot.

mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2018-02-22 9:25 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Well after maybe 8yr sitting doing sod all...

Popped in battery guy i bought black one off had purchased as a spare. So got to be getting on a bit and i expected would have gone high resistance...

Anyway popped it in, clicked case back together (at least with all clips round edge screws are not critical to start). Plugged it in and got power and charge lights on...

After 5min battery light flashed green then orange again and 10 min on and it shows as 3% in main battery. So suspect it ws either switching from charging backup battery or switching from trickle charge mode.

All seems to be working nicely. Not got a cf card handy with wifi and built in drivers but will charge it and shove a WiFi card in tomorrow and give it a wee go. Luckily also looks to have the rom cemonex did with me testing.

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2018-02-23 1:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

First battery not taking a charge (not surprised) trying 2nd battery...

If no go I ken a guy who actually tests batteries to see their real capacity so will see what cells he can turn up for me (reckon in the 4000mah area) so should boost batt life a bit over what was avail when these were made.

2nd batt which must have been re-celled at some point as is covered in tape rather than shrink plastic seems to be growing the charge % quicker but will see if does same or not and just grows to a % like 28 and goes no further and dies as soon as i pull ac
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2018-02-23 5:55 PM
#
H/PC Elder

2nd set are goosed too ??????

Grew nicely to about 80% then red light on battery and back to orange and indicated no batt state then back to 1%

Got a pair of 3500mah here but don't like idea of soldering tabs on as tbh its just a risk I'll feck cell. So asked my battery bod for his recommendation for highest mAh he's tested and measured and will get them with tabs already attached.

Edited by mr-mac 2018-02-23 5:56 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 28