x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Various HPCs 320lx,200lx, omnigo, etc.+ original ROM Upgrade Kit Windows CE 2.0 for HP 300 Series

AndreGDJ Page Icon Posted 2018-03-16 4:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Re. ROM Upgrade Kit - Windows CE 2.0 - for HP 300 Series
+ various HPCs: 320lx,200lx, omnigo, etc.

Hi everyone,

I run a small company in the UK (dealing in various items including second-user electronics, computer-related misc., etc.). and came across this site while researching some of the items which have come in. After reading about the difficulty in obtaining Windows CE2.0 ROM upgrades for HP300-series palmtops I thought I'd post here.

I've currently got one, boxed (opened) original Hewlett Packard Windows CE 2.0 ROM upgrade kit available. It'll be available via eBay if nobody expresses an immediate interest here. In any case, I thought I'd let people know. Even if not interested, I'd appreciate it if anyone could suggest a fair price-point.

Just FYI, I've also got a 320LX (4mb), 200LX (2mb) and an Omnigo 100 (1mb) available, as well as Psion Series 3a, HP Jornada, Apple Newton, etc. Anyway, I've got a load of related items too - cables, manuals, etc.

If anyone's on the lookout for these items, or is happy to shed some light on the best place(s) - other than eBay, etc. - to reach people with an interest, I'd appreciate it very much.

Cheers,
Andre.

Edited by AndreGDJ 2018-03-16 4:47 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2018-03-17 1:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The Omnigo 100 is just an old HP organizer...really not worth much at all. You will see them on eBay, but they have been listed for like forever. My opinion on their actual worth is about $20-$30 USD.

The HP320LX everyone here is familiar with. Nice HPC even if an early version. Collectors will like it, but has little functional value as far as performance for the buck. Old CE1.0 devices are easy to find. You have the 4mb one which is upgraded over the 2mb that first came out. I'd give it a $30 value.

The 200LX is another story. Because it is a DOS machine, and you have the 2mb version, it will go for substantially more, but the market is fickle. I've purchased them for as low as $40, and seen them sell for as high as $150.

The CE2 upgrade rom is indeed a rare thing to see these days, and if there is someone with an older CE1 machine looking for it, I'm sure it will sell just fine for someone's collection. Maybe as much as $40 for it...or more depending on how desperate the buyer is to obtain one.

Good luck with your sales...remember a picture is worth a thousand words...
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-03-19 9:33 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

AndreGDJ - 2018-03-17 1:31 AM

Re. ROM Upgrade Kit - Windows CE 2.0 - for HP 300 Series
+ various HPCs: 320lx,200lx, omnigo, etc.

If anyone's on the lookout for these items, or is happy to shed some light on the best place(s) - other than eBay, etc. - to reach people with an interest, I'd appreciate it very much.

I'm interested in finding out some best place(s) other than eBay to find these Handhelds!

Also, welcome to the forum.

-stingraze
 Top of the page
AndreGDJ Page Icon Posted 2018-03-20 3:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks very much! Pretty much everything's gone now - sold via eBay, mostly to overseas buyers. I've still got the 320lx, which I might actually keep for myself

Edited by AndreGDJ 2018-03-20 4:07 PM
 Top of the page
AndreGDJ Page Icon Posted 2018-03-20 3:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Just for anyone who's interested, the Windows CE2.0 ROM Upgrade chip is here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222891445641

I've received some other software too: MS Visual C++ For Windows CE 1.0 (two available), and Entertainment Pack for Windows CE (all original with CD-key). If anyone's interested, please feel free ...

Edited by AndreGDJ 2018-03-20 4:06 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2018-03-22 6:50 AM
#
H/PC Elder

If you keel 320 then keep rom too as Ce 2.0 should allow it to sync with a more modern pc and other stuff.

Makes it a lot more useful if you actually fancy having a wee play with the 320 to see what you can do
 Top of the page
AndreGDJ Page Icon Posted 2018-03-24 3:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks v. much for the advice.
 Top of the page
AndreGDJ Page Icon Posted 2018-03-26 2:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10