x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[Help]Casio Wrist Camera WQV-1 and transmitting images.

HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2018-06-06 12:45 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ok so going through my storage unit clearing out a ton of junk for my move back to the US, I found my old Casio wrist camera. (WQV-1) I could not find the infrared dongle that came with it and I'm not particularly interested in buying an expensive dongle off of eBay, or a whole watch set just for the dongle. And from what I remember, the infrared it used wasn't compliant with IR receivers on computers.

I'm curious if anyone here knows of a way to transfer the images without the IR dongle? Perhaps to a built in IR receiver, or a USB IR receiver? I have one method I will try, and that's using a Psion 5. (http://www.scss.com.au/family/andrew/pdas/epoc/myprogs/irphotoclip/) However it doesn't liste the WQV-1, just the WQV-10 and others for compatibility.

So just hearing if any other geek that's owned one of these here have any insights.

*Edit*
I have read it uses a simplified version of the IrLAP protocol but have no idea how I can use that to my advantage. I've read people have been able to use custom programs, but I haven't actually found any of those programs.

Edited by HPC:Fan 2018-06-06 1:21 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2018-06-06 1:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Actually, it used the same IR transmitter as the Casio PC Unite wristwatch. Though the WQV-1 called it the Pad5 while the PC Unite called it the Pad2.

If I remember it, it was a simple serial IRD with a DB9 connector. I remember both used 115K baud rate, 8,N,1 as the parity and bits, etc.

The actual IRD was made by Jeteye, ESI-9680.

You can use an Actisys IR200UL USB adapter, but you have to remap the i/o to the USB port to make the Casio software work.

Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2018-06-06 2:37 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks Rich, sounds a little above my paygrade but I'm sure if I whine enough here you guys will help. (And Google.) Does it have to be an Activsys dongle, or will any infrared dongle work?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2018-06-06 2:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Not all infrared dongles are created equal… they support different protocols and speeds, some are transmit only, some have unique drivers that don't pkay well with other apps.

Here is your's on eBay

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-Casio-INFRA-RED-Pad-2-Receiver-S...
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2018-06-06 6:10 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ok, guess I'll just have to pony up 20 bucks for a receiver then. Thanks for the guidance Rich.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-06-07 8:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I can't help with the IR issue, but, you're leaving Europe? Did you get sick of us, or did we get sick of you?
 Top of the page
AddyMendel Page Icon Posted 2018-06-07 4:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

"Not all infrared dongles are created equal… they support different protocols and speeds, some are transmit only, some have unique drivers that don't pkay well with other apps."

I see. Well, I will keep that in mind.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2018-06-07 5:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2018-06-07 3:20 AM

Did you get sick of us, or did we get sick of you?

A little bit of both!
 Top of the page
AddyMendel Page Icon Posted 2020-02-01 10:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

HPC:Fan - 2018-06-07 5:23 PM

C:Amie - 2018-06-07 3:20 AM

Did you get sick of us, or did we get sick of you?

A little bit of both!

Come on, fellas! We're all on the same team here. Lol!

By the way, just in case anyone’s interested, my cousin Joe is selling a wheel and tire package. If anyone’s interested, feel free to PM me.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9