x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Dell Axim Battery Question

imagineer88 Page Icon Posted 2018-06-17 10:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi! This is my first post on HPC Factor.
I know the Axim is a newer device, and is Pocket PC, but I guess it fits into the HPC category.
Anyways, I've recently purchased a Dell Axim x50. It's got THE ORIGINAL BATTERY! But, thing is, I have a fear of rechargeable batteries. So I thought I'd ask here. If the battery in this x50 is the original one, and looks to be in good shape, how safe is it? Do Li-ion batteries in Axim handhelds explode randomly? I know it's a weird question, but I need reassurance XD Also, please excuse any typos, as my tablet kept deleting words as I typed them. Thanks !!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-06-17 12:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Lithium Ion is perfectly safe as long as a) it has a working charge circuit/overcharge circuit - which it will have b) it isn't shock damaged c) no one has tried to tamper with it, cut it open, peel the outside layers off of it d) it isn't significantly heated (i.e. heated over even worst case atmospheric conditions).

Of course it will probably be inefficient, short lived and could possibly have swollen depending on how many charge cycles it has experienced. All of which undermine your experience / device longevity.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2018-06-18 1:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I had an x50 until last year. Original battery from over 13 years ago when I bought it. Never had a problem with it or any other pocketpcs ever...
 Top of the page
imagineer88 Page Icon Posted 2018-06-19 10:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yep! I got my Axim, and the battery works fine, not swollen, and the original quality DELL battery.
(Only thing is, the internal battery is dead, which is to be expected on these. Not an issue though if you can get to a charger fast enough when you get a low battery warning )
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-06-20 11:55 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

That's nice. My hp PDA (ipaq hx2495b) I got from a friend in USA is quite old, but still holds charge.

The picture was taken a while back with an older version of my search engine.

Edited by stingraze 2018-06-20 11:56 PM

(mohawk-ipaq-hx2495b.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mohawk-ipaq-hx2495b.jpg (60KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2018-06-21 1:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Not sure how many pocketpcs I have left..2 or 3 maybe...I kept my all time favorites, HP hx4700...Casio E-125...Toshiba e800...Jornada 540. I tried to keep one of each cpu type...SH3, MIPS, and Arm. But the 4700 is my favorite cause it supports 640x480 landscape...
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-06-21 3:43 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I have several versions of Cassiopeia E-700.
I have the normal one, limited edition silver one and a limited edition red one.

I think I'll sell the red one and the normal one on eBay sometime.
The limited edition silver one I will keep forever, since that's the first PDA I ever bought.

Edited by stingraze 2018-06-21 3:46 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-10-20 2:12 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Rich Hawley - 2018-06-21 10:12 AM

Not sure how many pocketpcs I have left..2 or 3 maybe...I kept my all time favorites, HP hx4700...Casio E-125...Toshiba e800...Jornada 540. I tried to keep one of each cpu type...SH3, MIPS, and Arm. But the 4700 is my favorite cause it supports 640x480 landscape...

I FINALLY bought an iPAQ for myself. It's not known if it'll boot or not. It is very sturdy. No wonder hTC got so famous.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 10