x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The most usable handheld in 2018?

1 2 3 4
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2019-01-12 9:24 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ok, being a HUGE fan of the Nokia Communicator line, I'm going to have to jump on one of these when they come to market. Thanks C:Amie for bringing this to my attention.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-12 10:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

All part of the service

Let us know if you get one.
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2019-01-13 9:54 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Hi Jake,

I'm using outlook 2007 on the latest build of Win 10. It stopped working last year but now works again and syncs PIM perfectly.

Connect the HPC and after a couple of attempts Win10 should download WMDC.

Then
Open comand window and add these reg edits
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapiMgr /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WcesComm /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

RESTART PC
Set WMDC to Vita compatable

Run WMDC - Helpexe. As admin
FOUND HERE http://www.junipersys.com/Juniper-Systems-Rugged-Handheld-Computers...

RESTART PC
Run WMDC and connect

I have my J728 sync with 2 win 10 PC's and this worked like a charm!

Happy syncing
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-13 10:40 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Anyone willing to volunteer to write an article for the support section, with installation instructions and screen shots on how to get it working with Windows 10? Also what Office versions it'll work with?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2019-01-14 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
fantablium--am I correct in assuming that those two reg edits allow the machines to be reconnected without a restart? Or is the reg editing needed to make the connection in the first place?

Jake
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2019-01-17 6:17 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Yes, it stops you needing restarts or at least having done this I can connect and reconnect my J728 without any soft resets or PC restarts. The site I linked tells you what the reg edits do but its beyond me....

The WMDC won't do any office conversions. I mostly save pocket word in RTF so no conversion needed. I also bought SoftMaker office for HPC (it on the CD from used handhelds) so I can open and work on any .doc or .xls natively.

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2019-01-17 6:20 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I can make a walk through on connecting with windows 10. Might be a couple of weeks but it will be easy enough.
 Top of the page
kultur Page Icon Posted 2019-02-24 4:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a Samsung Note 9 and I just purchased an Hp Elitebook X3 Lapdock. The 12.5" 1920x1080p lapdock as a keyboard, speakers, two USB-C ports, micro HDMI, and a decent battery life. While originally designed for Windows Phone, it's compatible with Samsung Desktop Experience (DEX) so it can be used to turn the Galaxy Note 8 and 9 into a full sized laptop. I haven't received the lapdock yet, but they're around $125-150 NIB/refurbished on ebay. I think this is going to be a great mobile solution for traveling, meetings, etc.
 Top of the page
kultur Page Icon Posted 2019-02-24 4:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I also recently ordered a Jornada 720 and an NEC MobilePro 900c, as well as a Psion Netbook Pro on ebay so I'll see how they compare.

Edited by kultur 2019-02-24 4:34 AM
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2019-02-25 6:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

kultur - 2019-02-23 8:32 PM

I have a Samsung Note 9 and I just purchased an Hp Elitebook X3 Lapdock. The 12.5" 1920x1080p lapdock as a keyboard, speakers, two USB-C ports, micro HDMI, and a decent battery life. While originally designed for Windows Phone, it's compatible with Samsung Desktop Experience (DEX) so it can be used to turn the Galaxy Note 8 and 9 into a full sized laptop. I haven't received the lapdock yet, but they're around $125-150 NIB/refurbished on ebay. I think this is going to be a great mobile solution for traveling, meetings, etc.

Does the lapdock work with the Galaxy Note only, or would it work with the S9 as well?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2019-02-26 1:35 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
>> I also recently ordered a Jornada 720 and an NEC MobilePro 900c, as well as a Psion Netbook Pro << THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the definition of a stalwart.

Hats off,
Jake
 Top of the page
kultur Page Icon Posted 2019-02-26 5:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Jake - 2019-02-26 1:35 AM

>> I also recently ordered a Jornada 720 and an NEC MobilePro 900c, as well as a Psion Netbook Pro << THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the definition of a stalwart.

Hats off,
Jake

Thanks. I've always had a big interest in Windows CE and HPC clamshell devices. When I in elementary school back in the 90s I remember trading my Nintendo 64 with a guy on USENET for a Compaq C120. Although I moved to Palm OS and then Pocket PC after that, with a Jornada 525, an iPaq 3765, and a Dell Axim X51v. As an aside, I had a ThinkOutside tri-folding keyboard for the 3765 and later on a ThinkOutside stowaway bluetooth folding keyboard for the Axim. While I've used candybar style devices for a long time, I prefer having a physical keyboard. I don't have any of those handhelds and never really cared for them, although I did keep my Treo 700p for a while because I liked playing with PalmOS. I bought a Palm TX while I was ordering this stuff because it was new in the box and nearly free. As an aside, those tri-folding keyboards are fantastic, so I also grabbed a ThinkOutside Sierra Bluetooth keyboard, the larger tri-folding model they made which I found to be just as good as a mechanical keyboard.

I just received the NEC MobilePro 900C and it's in fantastic condition overall. It came with a working battery, adapter, stylus, and wifi card (although I have to run a less secure guest network to get on wifi. I've attached a couple of pictures, and I'll of course share pictures of the rest as they arrive. I like to use these devices mainly for writing. It's easy to transfer files but impossible to be distracted by the modern internet.

Top of the page
kultur Page Icon Posted 2019-02-26 5:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

PDXMark - 2019-02-25 6:08 PM

Does the lapdock work with the Galaxy Note only, or would it work with the S9 as well?

Unfortunately I do not believe it does, only as a screen. My understanding is it only works on the Note8 and Note9. One reason I switched from my S9+ to the Note 9 was to get use of this dock.

Edited by kultur 2019-02-26 5:39 AM
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2019-02-26 4:30 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

kultur - 2019-02-25 9:38 PM

PDXMark - 2019-02-25 6:08 PM

Unfortunately I do not believe it does, only as a screen. My understanding is it only works on the Note8 and Note9. One reason I switched from my S9+ to the Note 9 was to get use of this dock.

Thanks - good to know for my next phone purchase. I've been intrigued by the "lapdock" idea for a while. A few years ago I bought a Celio Redfly, an early lapdock that worked with WM 6x devices. I used it with an iPAQ 110. It was clunky and eventually developed hardware problems, but I liked just carrying one computing device and having the big screen and keyboard when I wanted it.
 Top of the page
kultur Page Icon Posted 2019-02-28 3:52 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

You know what, I hooked the lapdock up to my S9+ and it works great with DEX. Must be the new update. My Note 9 doesn't send audio though. I bet an update fixes that too.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9