x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Nethack for Windows CE 2.0

Jinnai Page Icon Posted 2018-07-05 3:30 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Wanted to point out I found a copy of Nethack for CE 2.0. Unfortunately, it's not very complete, but Nethack as a concept is one of my favorite games so I wanted to share what I found. The really good version works only on CE 3.0. There may be a version for 2.11, but I have not tried it. I'm sure there is unlikely to be anything for CE 1.0, especially as my 1.0 device barely has enough RAM to store Nethack (Mobilepro 400 has 4mb RAM while Nethack is about 1.5mb). It'd be cool if there was a more complete version for CE 2.0 (the arrow keys don't even do anything), but I trust there were technical reasons preventing the CE 3.0 version from being ported.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071001094553/www.haakana.net/nethackce

Feel free to let me know if you have any other favorite time wasters that run on CE 2.0!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2018-07-06 4:02 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

There is a 2.11 version that will run on 2.11 HPCs, but it does not run on 2.0 as you surmised. It was actually written for a palmpc…
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2018-07-06 6:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

. . . and the first Palm-size PCs ran Windows CE 2.01.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 28