x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Why is there no distinction between TA and CYOA games?

adamlevine Page Icon Posted 2018-07-18 9:34 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

After so long there is still not a way to separate Text Adventure games from Choose Your Own Adventure ones. Why is that? There was a discussion on it last time I was here and probably the time before that.

People go searching for a game, they do not want a grab bag and wonder what they will be getting. And if you are in the mood for a little T&A ( ^_^ ) you are sorely disappointed by the assorment of CYOAs that seem to out number them three or more to one it seems.

Surely there is a simple fix to this or was I just searching wrong? You click the tab and see the Top 20, Sci-Fi, Mystery, RPG, Fantasy etc. But nothing to telling you what type of game you were about to download and play until after you already begun it and get that disappointed feeling of "not another one of those type of games" and download the next to feel it again and again. There has to be an easier way.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-07-18 1:11 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

TA is more of exploring in the shell of computers, and CYOA has its roots in the books, I assume?

I remember reading Young Indiana Jones Chronicles which was a Choose Your Own Adventure.

Not really confident, but this is how I view it.
 Top of the page
adamlevine Page Icon Posted 2018-09-18 4:36 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9