x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

installing windows ce 2.0 on xp desktop RAS error

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-09-12 2:52 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

jamesb420 - 2018-09-11 4:12 PM

No not double exception lol You seem to be saying Yes you can do it..check the HPC and then saying "you can do it with the right hardware" In the mean time people who are dumb at this like me are buying these cool gadgets and trying to get them to work again fully. We are drawn to this website of yours.. Its awesome. For me adding the wording to the 620lx. 660lx and every other 2.0 model with this issue. ..... " upgrading to 2.11 is possible with an upgraded chip set" and " WIFI cards do not work without ce 2.11 which requires the hardware upgrade. that would of been helpful. I would of looked for these chips.. not found them and given up my plan early. Instead i bought a few wifi cards and a 660lx thinking i had the right info.. I did not. I have the Orinoco Silver. it only has a 2.11 driver available online. Labeled 2.x If it worked back in the day then I guess the driver maybe lost forever. I did visit the HPC and i hunted and searched out all possibles on the list. Chipset seems to be totally needed for wifi cards. Unless someone can name the exception to this rule my research stands.

WiFi cards do work on 2.00, as shown by the fact that we're all telling you we've done it and by the green ticks and related info in the HCL. You are the only person saying that they don't. If you have specific model cards that you know do not work under 2.00, let us know and we'll add them to the HCL so that other users also know. The HCL can accept negative compatibility as well as positive. However, after 18 years, I doubt there is much to be added that isn't covered already by the reference driver articles in the support section and the HCL.

There just aren't that many 2.00, 2.10, 2.11 or 3.00 compatible cards out there.
 Top of the page
jamesb420 Page Icon Posted 2018-09-14 6:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thanks ill give that a shot.. my 620lx came with orinico silver in the hole so hopefully ill be lucky.. My apologies.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.253 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 26