x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PlanMaker Review Online

1 2
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2005-02-22 6:01 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Another question on PlanMaker...

Does it do csv/prn/txt conversion/importation as effectively as Excel (desktop)? What about Excel VB macros? Does it handle them?

I had a space delimited file that I hurriedly copied to my HPC and tried the conversion process in PocketExcel. Had I not been in a rush and done this on the desktop, first, it would have been no problem. At first, I gave up, but I tried a couple things and finally got it to work using just PocketOffice. This would have been one of those times mentioned in above posts. :+ Still, I was proud of myself to get it converted. If I'd had PlanMaker, would it have been as simple as desktop Excel?

Thanks,
Kenny
 Top of the page Quote Reply
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2005-02-22 6:10 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Kenny,

It should do the conversions for you with no problems. I did several during the review and found no issues. As for VB macros, that's a great question. I did not test that function so I do not know.

Have you downloaded the demo version? It is fully functional and will provide you a good test bed for this.

Regards,
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 1:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks... when I find time (ha ha), I'll do that. With TextMaker 40% off this week, perhaps I should go ahead and snag that and hope they do a special on PlanMaker, later.
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 2:34 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Absolutely grab TextMaker if you don't have it! When I first reviewed TextMaker, I said at the time that it made a H/PC nearly complete as a lappy replacement. I still stick by that and PlanMaker is much the same.

KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2005-02-25 7:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 26