x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC MobilePro 900 + Netgear FA411 LAN card: Will this work?

Huxley Page Icon Posted 2018-12-05 9:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everyone!

I've got an NEC MobilePro 900 running Windows CE .Net 4.2, and I just received a Netgear FA411 Ethernet card via eBay. I bought the Netgear card mainly to tinker with in my HP 200LX palmtop (it's supposedly one of very few LAN cards supported in that little machine), but I thought it might be worthwhile trying to get it to play nice with my MobilePro too.

I can plug the card in and its immediately recognized by name - a good sign! I can see it in the Network Connections panel, etc. However, *nothing* seems to get any response from the card, other than the power-on LED flash when it's first plugged into the MobilePro. I've connected it via ethernet cable to my router and my MacBook (configured with Internet Sharing from WiFi to Ethernet) and neither option gets any response from the card at all.

The card is listed in the hardware database of this site as being compatible with WinCE .Net 4.2, so I feel like it *should* be working, buuuuut it ain't. Any suggestions? I haven't installed any special drivers for it, since A) I can't find any, and B) it seems as though this machine should have a compatible driver already built-in, if I'm interpreting the various support docs correctly.

Thanks for any tips!
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-12-06 9:50 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

My first try for troubleshooting is soft-resetting (I think there is a small button to press with a stylus on the bottom of MP900). It fixes network issues a lot of times in my experience (which is like 14 years).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-12-06 11:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It is a ne2000 card, so yes. It should work. Can you install vxUtil andsee what is gappening IP wise? Also give it a static IP address.

Test on AC not battery too, incase it is a power issue.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.130 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 17