x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 320LX thoughts...

psifi Page Icon Posted 2018-12-06 10:39 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Recently I managed to get two HPC new/old stock off ebay. One was the NEC Mobilepro 900C which is brilliant but rather large. The other is the HP320lx which I have just got around to unboxing and trying it out. First impression is it has a very nice rounded look about it and the screen is larger than my J728 yet the overall look is smaller and neater than the J728. In fact it could pass as a modern device in looks. Obviously turning it on it soon shows its ancestry running CE 1.1 but I quite like the simple interface but obviously it is quite limited compare to the 620lx and 728 HP's. The green backlit screen it very good and quite readable. I have some old CE apps so will try them out over the next few days (now I am retired I have plenty of time for fiddling with this old marvelous tech).

Just a few of my thoughts of a device I couldn't afford in the 90's …

Allan
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-12-06 11:31 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is a ROMchip for the 320lx to make it run CE 2.0, which makes it far more usable.

I cut my teeth on the 320lx. In fact, prior to 2003 this site used to be called ce320 (see About HPC:Factor).

Simply put: It is the CE device I am most fond of and sentimental about.
 Top of the page
psifi Page Icon Posted 2018-12-06 12:02 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

C:Amie - 2018-12-06 11:31 AM

There is a ROMchip for the 320lx to make it run CE 2.0, which makes it far more usable.

I cut my teeth on the 320lx. In fact, prior to 2003 this site used to be called ce320 (see About HPC:Factor).

Simply put: It is the CE device I am most fond of and sentimental about.

Ce320 fond memories. My first CE device was the 620lx which I still have and visited the site many times. So does the ROM upgrade make the 320 into a 360?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-12-06 12:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Not quite. The 360 has twice the RAM, a faster CPU clock and a white backlight.

https://www.hpcfactor.com/hardware/devices/compare.asp?d=53&d=55&d=-...
 Top of the page
cgallaty Page Icon Posted 2021-10-19 3:39 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Ah, the eerie green glow reminds me of my Palm III. XD I'm fairly impressed with the build of the HP 320XL. I picked mine up for $2 at a flea market and was not really expecting much. Not a lot on it out of the gate, which is a bit limiting and the default file browser, etc is a bit maddening, but it feels like a solid unit. I looked at the card and I think I saw one on eBay for like $150... at that rate you are almost better off getting a second one with the upgrade in it.
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2021-10-19 9:36 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Theres a CE 2.0 Rom card on Ebay right now if your looking to upgrade it to 2.0.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.157 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 27