x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Okay, I Missed the Memo about Win8.1 Syncing w/ J728

Jake Page Icon Posted 2019-01-05 7:35 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
After battling sync difficulties for years, to the point of using PPC's TTSYNC (with dubious results), I find that my J728 connects and syncs very nicely with Win8.1, WMDC, Outlook 2010, and no third-party help. How did I not know this?

One of the secrets is to connect, USB-wise, the J to the desktop and make Win8.1 download the proper version of WMDC. Once that happens, you're in like Flint.

It's a two-way sync, no contact-doubling, etc (so far), and the only drag is that to reconnect, you have to restart both J and Win8.1. Sometimes, the connection can be reestablished, but that can take minutes and it appears faster to simply restart the machines.

Even restarting WMDC in services does not allow a proper reconnection. Something needs resetting that only a restart can provide.

At any rate, I have to reassess my Windows CE 3.0 devices. They suddenly appear more useful, if not current.

Jake

Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2019-01-09 7:10 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

It also works (now) in Windows 10, after one of the updates it all stopped working but now works again with PIM sync and file transfer.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2019-01-10 11:10 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yes, I was reading on the internet, that there was a hitch, then folks solved it.

With girded loins, I moved to my TinyBook, which also syncs with WMDC. The rub is that its default Contact/Calendar/Tasks databases are with GeminiPIMS, and GeminiPIMS does not sync Notes in Contacts. From there, I installed CEPIMS on the desktop and lo and behold, its modules appeared in WMDC. But there was big trouble, frequent crashes when trying to change sync settings and long wait times for connections/syncs.

After a merry afternoon, I ended up uninstalling CEPIMS from desktop and reinstalling WMDC. I'm bummed not to have Notes on the TinyBook, since the PIM is indeed diminished, but remain amazed that any of this works at all.

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-24 11:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2019-01-24 3:15 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Though I don't know if this is pertinent to Win10/WMDC, but I found that if you delete all partnerships, install CEPIMs on desktop, then establish partnerships, CEPIMs will sync.

The syncing isn't as laggy as before, but the "connecting" part can take its time, so patience is a virtue.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9