x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Quantum Entanglement

Mjolnir Page Icon Posted 2019-01-11 12:14 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Anybody see the Quantum entanglement show on Nova last night? Pretty interesting.
"With the help of two extremely bright quasars located more than 7 billion light-years away, researchers recently bolstered the case for quantum entanglement — a phenomenon Einstein described as "spooky action at a distance" — by eliminating one classical alternative: The freedom-of-choice loophole.

Quantum connection

Of the many mindboggling facets of quantum mechanics, one of the most intriguing is the idea of quantum entanglement. This occurs when two particles are inextricably linked together no matter their separation from one another. Although these entangled particles are not physically connected, they still are able to share information with each other instantaneously — seemingly breaking one of the most hard-and-fast rules of physics: No information can be transmitted faster than the speed of light.

As far-out as the idea seems, quantum entanglement has been proven time and time again over the years. When researchers create two entangled particles and independently measure their properties, they find that the outcome of one measurement influences the observed properties of the other particle." http://www.astronomy.com/news/2018/0...m-entanglement
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-11 5:55 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I suffer from Quantum Entanglement. I always know precisely when Rich Hawley is misbehaving... not matter where I am.

It's a high potential technology, but I fear practical applications are a long, long way off. FTL communication with space colonies, probes or ships would revolutionise space travel. imagine not having to wait hours to communicate with Voyager or New Horizons.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2019-01-12 2:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The problem with this theorem of quantum entanglement confirmation is those 2 supposedly quasars are not 7 billion light years away. You see in actuallity, they are just a few dozen light years beyond pluto, where if you travelled there, you will meet a cardboard wall.

Well it is not a wall, rather it is part of a sphere that surrounds our solar system. There are various holes in the sphere where the light shines through from a variety of lamps outside the container. They were placed there by the "Masters," a group of benevolent rainbow colored squids who keep us as pets.

The reason C:Amie knows my whereabouts constantly is due to harmonic brain wave absorbtion. We share a common psychic frequency, along with a dolphin, shetland pony, and several frogs that live in the Amazon.

I could go into it in depth, but I'm not sure anyone would understand the complexities…
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-12 8:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You forgot to mention the truth of flat Earther factum!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-01-12 8:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2019-01-11 6:58 PM

You see in actuallity, they are just a few dozen light years beyond pluto, where if you travelled there, you will meet a cardboard wall.

Well it is not a wall, rather it is part of a sphere that surrounds our solar system.

Did Mexico pay for that wall? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Mjolnir - 2019-01-11 4:14 AM

When researchers create two entangled particles and independently measure their properties, they find that the outcome of one measurement influences the observed properties of the other particle." http://www.astronomy.com/news/2018/0...m-entanglement

Sounds like the Heisenberg effect by proxy.

It also sounds like a possible time-travel pathway, since tachyons (particles traveling faster than the speed of light) arrive at their destination before they leave their point of origin. (Or could that be the link between the entangled particles, since that would result in the object briefly being in two places at the same time? I dunno if I'm making sense - it's been almost 40 years since I took college physics.)
 Top of the page
Mjolnir Page Icon Posted 2019-01-12 1:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

You guys have given me a headache. I may have to break out the bourbon before noon.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2019-01-12 8:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

So if your flying the speed of light and you shoot a gun forward, how fast is the bullet travelling?

When I'm having sex, my wife finishes before I'm even getting started…does that fit in here somewhere?

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-13 10:29 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ignoring the infinite amount of energy required to do that and the view that the bullet would be converted into mass instead of momentum. From your perspective the bullet would fire as relative to you the bullet is moving at around the speed of sound. To anyone else watching, the bullet would never ever fire.

I think in practice a real physicist would point out that it'll never be possible for anything with any mass to reach light speed, therefore even if you got to 99.999r% the speed of light, there would always be more 0.0009999999r steps that would allow the bullet to physically escape from you.

On your second analogy. Women scientists would say that is equally impossible
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2019-01-14 10:32 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I've been studying a bit of quantum mechanics from the Quantum Computation and Quantum Information: 10th Anniversary Edition.

I've read in a book that traders nowadays use microwaves to actually send information faster than light.

Some topics of interest in these articles below:
https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/future-tech/information-travel...
https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/library/national/science...

I feel that just because Einstein determined that the speed of light is the fastest doesn't mean it can be proven wrong...
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2019-02-04 8:54 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Just a video to add from YouTube:

Michio Kaku: What If Einstein Is Wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XjS4I4oQDY
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2019-02-05 6:15 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

>Was Einstein wrong?

Yes.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-02-06 5:53 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm not sure about that, HPC:Fan. I think what Einstein was trying to say was that the speed of light is the speed of time.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-02-06 8:51 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The speed of light is the maximum speed of information exchange/propagation in the relativistic universe.
 Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2019-02-08 3:11 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Quantum what?

Ziggy says there's a 97.5% chance that I'm about to grab a drink with Mjolnir!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 8