x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Which Phone is your Daily Driver?

1 2 3
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2019-01-13 3:40 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I thought it'd be interesting to see what each of us uses on a daily basis as our main phone. So share your device here, or share what you're planning on upgrading to / taken a fancy to.

I'm currently rocking the BlackBerry Keyone Black Edition. I had the Samsung Note, but sold that due to no physical buttons. Prior to that, it was the BlackBerry Passport which I would have still owned if it ran Android. I'm looking forward to numerous devices, amongst a few are the BlackBerry Key3 and the Samsung Note Foldable. I'm also highly interested in the Windows Andromeda device, but I think my next phone will be the Planet Communicator posted in another thread by C:Amie.

Edit:
Also, I've been toying around with my old HPC phones. Like my HTC Artemis and the HTC TyTN II. Unfortunately, both batteries are unusable or else I'd rock those for nostalgia.

Edited by HPC:Fan 2019-01-13 3:41 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2019-01-13 8:27 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I use an Android smartphone made by Sharp, a model available only in Japan. I bought it because my Blackberry Passport (which I really like) didn't support my carrier's VoLTE.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-13 10:37 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (serranoltexx) running LineageOS and an Android 7.1.2 build. I might stick it on 8 at some point.

I've said it before and I'll happily say it again. Unless you're a smartphone gamer and need bleeding edge. If you've got an Android device, once the OEM stops releasing updates, LineageOS it. It's like having a new phone. Saves you a ton of money (on handsets and lets you get SIM only deals) and it saves the environment too as your devices last way longer
 Top of the page
Mjolnir Page Icon Posted 2019-01-13 1:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

8 year old Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus on Verizon
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2019-01-13 4:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Boost Mobile unlimited everything for $30 a month. Phone itself is LG X Charge. Love the phone…and it works when I'm fishing miles out in the gulf.
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2019-01-13 8:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2019-01-13 2:37 AM

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (serranoltexx) running LineageOS and an Android 7.1.2 build. I might stick it on 8 at some point.

I've said it before and I'll happily say it again. Unless you're a smartphone gamer and need bleeding edge. If you've got an Android device, once the OEM stops releasing updates, LineageOS it. It's like having a new phone. Saves you a ton of money (on handsets and lets you get SIM only deals) and it saves the environment too as your devices last way longer

does the ir remote control work with lineageos on that phone? have one in my desk drawer idling. daily phone is note 8, have an s-pen addiction.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-13 8:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The last time that I tried it - which was a very long time ago now - it (the IR) did work, yes.

FYI. It's easy to go back. Just save screenshots of the entire about phone screen and you can use the info there to find the correct ROM to go back to stock and restore the original bootloader, recovery and warranty registers.

I wanted the mini because of its size. The feature phones then were and are too big for my tastes. That was the perfect size. I would have preferred it to have the same internal spec as the S4, but it's still doing everything I need. Shame that the Lineage maintainer closed shop last year though. I was hoping that someone would have taken over by now.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2019-01-14 2:36 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Two Dixie cups and a string.

A proven winner,
Jake

PS: Actually, I use the Planet Computer Gemini.
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2019-01-14 5:30 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm feeling kind of shallow...my current phone is a Galaxy S9. In my defense, most of my previous phones were Windows phones. I still have an Alcatel Idol 4S Pro (Windows Phone 10) as my backup phone.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-01-14 7:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I may the only person left on the planet with a flip phone: LG LGA340.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-14 9:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

PDXMark - 2019-01-14 5:30 AM

I'm feeling kind of shallow...my current phone is a Galaxy S9. In my defense, most of my previous phones were Windows phones. I still have an Alcatel Idol 4S Pro (Windows Phone 10) as my backup phone.

Don't worry, it runs LineageOS, so I'l forgive you https://download.lineageos.org/starlte

How do you find the size? I've not held a S9. I thought the S8 was too long.
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2019-01-14 4:21 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2019-01-14 1:25 AM

Don't worry, it runs LineageOS, so I'l forgive you https://download.lineageos.org/starlte

How do you find the size? I've not held a S9. I thought the S8 was too long.

It's long and narrow. I find it challenging to use one-handed at times, particularly when I have to reach something toward the top of the screen. It fits in my pocket all right.

Overall, the S9 is the same length as the Idol 4S Pro, but the Idol is wider. The screen on the S9 is bigger, though, due to smaller bezels. I actually like the wider screen better, though, and I like the Windows Phone live tiles much better than the android UI, even when using MS Launcher. I tried a couple of the launchers that mimic live tiles, but they missed the mark for me.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2019-01-14 5:41 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
The most exciting phone I ever used was the HTC TouchPro 2. There were folks on xda that cooked a ton of ROMs and it was great fun flashing their work; almost every week, there was a new ROM by somebody. WinMo 6.1 was so clunky, but those guys knew their stuff and sped things up across the board. That, and SoftMaker for WinMo was truly fine.

Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2019-01-14 10:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You are CEGeek… the very last..
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2019-01-14 11:24 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

My personal phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7. I also have to carry an iPhone 7 for work. They're both almost the exact same size. I prefer the S7 over the iPhone. It seems to take much better photos!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8