x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Which Phone is your Daily Driver?

1 2 3
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2019-01-15 10:18 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I must confess until very recently I was also using a iPhone XS, but decided to sell it.
 Top of the page
roychanyl Page Icon Posted 2019-01-15 3:44 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have been using a Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro running ICS for 5 years, loved it due to the slider keyboard.
Recently got one Motorola Droid 4 with JB4.1.2 off eBay, though it's still locked to Verizon, the device could run global mode, so I can also use it as a daily phone in Malaysia.
loved the Droid 4 also for its slider too, and mind you, I find the Pentile TFT screen (though considered by many to be outdated) performing better than an iPhone 6 Plus retina screen (handsdown) under bright sunlight.

Will stay with Android because I like to use a Total launcher app which is only available on Android. No other launcher comes close to Total launcher in terms of customisation and flexibility.

Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2019-01-15 3:46 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I am currently using a BlackBerry Q10, modded with the silver frame to look more like the Bold 9900.

Here's a pic: https://imgur.com/a/pkvBjKJ

As a gadget hound, there are other phones around the house (including a Xiaomi Mi A1 running LineageOS), but the Q10 fits in your hand, has a great keyboard, and still does everything I need it to do.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-15 4:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

roychanyl - 2019-01-15 3:44 PM

I have been using a Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro running ICS for 5 years, loved it due to the slider keyboard.
Recently got one Motorola Droid 4 with JB4.1.2 off eBay, though it's still locked to Verizon, the device could run global mode, so I can also use it as a daily phone in Malaysia.
loved the Droid 4 also for its slider too, and mind you, I find the Pentile TFT screen (though considered by many to be outdated) performing better than an iPhone 6 Plus retina screen (handsdown) under bright sunlight.

Will stay with Android because I like to use a Total launcher app which is only available on Android. No other launcher comes close to Total launcher in terms of customisation and flexibility.

Droid 4 seems to have a LineageOS release https://download.lineageos.org/maserati way better than Jelly Bean
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2019-01-16 9:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

roychanyl - 2019-01-16 12:44 AM

Cool! Xperia Pro isn't available in Japan in regular stores, I think we have to import it from expansys etc.
I like the keyboard look, it reminds me of HTC Desire Z.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2019-01-16 5:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

stingraze - 2019-01-15 2:18 AM

I must confess until very recently I was also using a iPhone XS, but decided to sell it.

Gotta love how Apple went from the iPhone Success (6S) to eventually the iPhone Excess (XS).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-16 7:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2019-01-16 5:39 PM

Gotta love how Apple went from the iPhone Success (6S) to eventually the iPhone Excess (XS).

I'm pretty sure that Apple do love it, yes CE Geek. You are quite correct.

baaaa
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2019-01-16 10:23 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie - 2019-01-17 4:07 AM

CE Geek - 2019-01-16 5:39 PM

I'm pretty sure that Apple do love it, yes CE Geek. You are quite correct.

baaaa

Quite so, quite so... I do use the 6S now, which I had earlier and purchased as used. lol.
It is making me have success much more than the Excess. lol
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2019-01-16 10:28 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I've owned a couple of iPhones, I was one of the lucky who got one at launch. But my love for the Nokia Communicator and as Android came along, I never saw it as anything other than a media consumption tool instead of a communication tool. After my 3GS, I never cared to own one again even though I was given an iPhone 5.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-16 10:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I was given an iPhone once. It was in my house for about 3 weeks while I looked at XCode, worked out how awful objective-C is, worked out that I could write an iPhone app if I needed to, worked out that Apple bastardising their own API to preserve their dictatorial stranglehold on their income streams wasn't worth my time and then I sold the wretched thing as fast as possible.

I was given an iPad once too. That was eBay'd the same day, still shrink wrapped. I've literally no idea what that person was thinking giving me that nonsense. I find not showing contempt quite difficult. Imagine it like a scene in the godfather when you've insulted me on the day of my daughters wedding after I did you a favour on the day of my daughters wedding. It's that level of contempt...

DON'T GIVE ME APPLE. Don't even ask me to hold your shiny fruit. I will test to see how bendy it is... With a large hammer.

Smartphones huh? Great technology...
 Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2019-01-17 5:21 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I had an iPhone for work quite some time ago (it was an iPhone 4). The phone was fine in an "I don't care either way" sense. The only thing that really irritated me about it was the lack of a file manager.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2019-01-17 9:02 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

My first iPhone was a 3GS, I liked it size wise. Also, back then, 600MHz seemed pretty snappy.

I like Android better in a sense that there's more choice and variety of what is allowed (on apps, rooting, ROM etc.).
The basic UI of iPhone's home that hasn't changed so much is kind of uninteresting after it's been basically the same for 12 years....

But yeah, they sure have a good way of marketing their iPhones / iPads!
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2019-01-17 9:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The iPhone just is an uninteresting phone, and that's coming from an avid Apple PC user. I really enjoyed it the first couple of years as a media device. In fact, I used my iPhone 5 as an iPod alongside my day to day phone back then. Now though, with the many GB's my Blackberry has (64+SanDisk 128GB) I have no use for a separate media player.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2019-01-17 9:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Apart from the fact that it's impossible to buy MP3's any more because everything has gone to rip off 'the house always wins' streaming services. :/

Anyway, iPhone's make for lousy mp3 players, they don't have headphone jacks
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2019-01-17 10:46 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Yeah, no matter what you say, I think wireless / Bluetooth headphones make sound quality much worse than wired / headphone jacks...
Unless somebody someday proves it otherwise. haha

Here in Japan, a lot of people are wearing those AirPods especially in trains, and in towns. Reminds me of circa 2005 when in Tokyo, so many people were wearing white earphones with their iPods. History repeats itself!

Edited by stingraze 2019-01-17 10:46 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.202 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10